• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to Configure Your Pelican Case (Pics and videos!)

Omaga420

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2012
New Mexico
[updated 3/15/2013]

Hello everyone! Decided to provide some video links I found online for setting up a Pelican Case.

Just a few notes I took from these videos
Materials needed:
-Pelican Case
-Black or silver Sharpie/Marker or chalk (chalk is sounds better than permanent)
-Electric knife
-Knife
-Stuff to put in the case

Things to consider:
-Put heaviest objects near wheels
-You can disassemble items to make space
-Lay out items about 1 in. from edge
-If you care about item direction in case and not seeing stencils, lay out items opposite of how you would have them in case and draw stencils on back of foam as described in 2nd video.
-Cut 'inside' stencil up to 1/4th in.
-Prep cuts with knife
-Don't pull out foam until you finish all cuts
-Use a friend or weight to hold down foam when cutting
-Take your time!
-You can always buy more foam... or save your old stuff and glue it back together. Might look like crap?

I guess you could post your own pics here or use the original pic thread for this.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/showthread.php?t=24695&highlight=pelican+case+photos

[Update 3/15/2013]
Found some more interesting vids!
Plastidip reinforcement (Cant testify to this but I might try it out!)

Explains how to make nice 90 degree corners

Last edited:
A cool trick that I just tried is to use a long xacto knife that is heated up by sticking the blade close to a propane heater (about 20 seconds ). It cuts like a knife through butter and the finished product looks really good. It cuts much better than the electric knife or the foam cutter that I tried. I am very pleased with the results and it is very easy and precise to do.

Last edited:
A cool trick that I just tried is to use a long xacto knife that is heated up by sticking the blade close to a propane heater (about 20 seconds ). It cuts like a knife through butter and the finished product looks really good. It cuts much better than the electric knife or the foam cutter that I tried. I am very pleased with the results and it is very easy and precise to do.

That's awesome!! I always wondered how they got such clean cuts.

Those turkey knives make that 50$ foam look like shit. Google how to build a hotwire table, thats the only way to go. Also don't trace directly on the foam that too looks like ass. Trace one heavy cards stock and secure the cut outs to the foam with straight pins.

Well, tracing on the foam is fine if you make sure to do it on the bottom. If you got a better tutorial vid I'll throw it up to too and maybe start taking some vids down when I can try stuff and review what does and doesn't work.

Also, that Plasti Dip stuff works! I hate to say but I was really surprised at the results.

maximize that space yo

Attachments

• M24KIT.jpg
    M24KIT.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 73
What glue if I fubar it?

I too would be interested in a solution to this. I was told by the guy at the Foam Factory to use regular old rubber cement. I did not have good results but maybe I didn't let it dry/cure long enough or perhaps didn't use enough.

2" thick Solid Charcoal Regular Foam is what I used, I think it is comparable to what a pelican gun case comes with. The firmer version might be worth checking out also...

[Update 3/15/2013]
Found some more interesting vids!
Plastidip reinforcement (Cant testify to this but I might try it out!)

I dont recommend the pasti-dip on the foam. Sure, it might make it last a little longer, but the texture is pretty awful and I wouldnt want any delicate finishes rubbing on it.

I did it, ended up hating it and buying new foam.