• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s How to deal with a loud cell phone talker

One-Eyed Jack

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2004
Minden, NV
After a very busy day, a commuter settled down in her seat and closed her eyes as the train departed Montreal.

As the train rolled out of the station, the guy sitting next to her pulled out his cell phone and started talking in a loud voice: "Hi sweetheart, it's Eric, I'm on the train - yes, I know it's the six thirty and not the four thirty but I had a long meeting - no, honey, not with that floozie from the accounts office, with the boss. No sweetheart, you're the only one in my life - yes, I'm sure, cross my heart" and on and on.

Fifteen minutes later at St. Anne de Bellevue he was still talking loudly when the young woman sitting next to him, who was obviously angered by his continuous diatribe, yelled at the top of her voice:

"Hey, Eric, turn that stupid phone off and come back to bed!"

My guess would be that Eric doesn't use his cell phone in public any longer.

Re: How to deal with a loud cell phone talker

People has no courtesy these days. She done the right thing.

I would like to have seen the look on his face

The headline reads..."Woman found beaten to death on train".

so winning. i usually just cough very loudly right next to them and very conspicuously.

Fan-freakin' tastic!

I was on a commuter train once that had a loud cellphone passenger on it. She had a piercing voice and wouldn't let up for 20 minutes. Someone with more balls than I turned and looked at her and yelled out, "BOY are you annoying!" She got off the phone pretty quickly after that.

Slight tangent- I now find it sport to pick out the idiots in the parking lot that obviously are unwilling to walk the extra 30' to put the cart away, wait for their "loose the cart" move, make eye contact and say, "I'm going to put mine away. Would you like me to take your's too?" The guys usually get pissed off and push their carts to the rack, the women usually look like I just fed them a prune and do the same. If one were to actually say, "Hey thanks, that would be great." I'd do it.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7TSprF1Zpjw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7TSprF1Zpjw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Had a loud cell phone talker today in the VA waiting room. Was a man in his 40s arguing with his mom about college and how one of his kids is a dipshit. Would have said something, but it was the only entertainment I had for the 5.5 hour wait....