• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to determine proper cheek height?

SkepticalTiger

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2022
Austin,TX
About to order a 20MOA base for my ruger 10/22 using a Magpul CTR on an Adaptive Tactical Tac-Hammer RM4 stock w/ a 0.25" Magpul cheek riser. My current mount is 0MOA. Currently I don't get the most stable cheek weld, but it's good enough. Am wondering how I can determine the comb height based on the additional height of the new base. Seems like 0.50" is correct, but thinking 0.75" might do the job since I plan on ordering both the base and the riser in the same order.

If I understand what you are asking, the difference in mount height between a 0 MOA and 20 MOA mount is insignificant and will not require any changes to your riser.

Get a comfortable position and look at the scope, if the cross hairs are centered in the tube, you are good. If you are under the scope you need a riser or lower rings.

I fold layers of a thin kitchen towel over the stock to determine how much height is needed.

Reactions: SkepticalTiger