• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to disable a tank?

Mordamer

Professional Know It All
Supporter
Minuteman
  • May 11, 2010
    Hooker, OK
    Coworkers and I were discussing this topic.

Scenario:
    Foreign tank will be rolling down your county road in 48 hours. You have only what is commonly available at your farmstead. What is the most practical and effective method to disable the tank?

So far the best we've come up with is a bunch of girls in bikinis selling vodka to lure out the crew into the open.

Dig a ditch, a big one, works every time. Of course only if you do not have acess to any type of shaped charge.

in 48 hours...too little time to put Dragon's teeth in; but a Tiger Trap seems reasonable.

Not this thread again! Where's the guy who suggested a 308 round down the barrel?
    That was me! Glad you remembered. The way to take out a tank is to wait till the crew sticks it head up and shoot that. Kind of like groundhog hunting.

Either destroy it or let it go, last thing you need is a disabled tank w 100 main gun rds and 10k co ax rds of machinegun stuck in the center of town

banana-in-car-exhaust-tail-pipe-prank.jpg

My Dad was stationed in Germany right after WWII and talked about this kind of thing a lot with the locals. His Tank Stopping idea was that a tank without infantry to watch it's back was very vulnerable. His idea was to put a 5 gallon gas can on the engine vents and shoot holes in the can from a reasonable distance. Apparently the fuel runs down into the engine compartment and it get very hot very fast.

A lone tank is vulnerable so it's not likely to happen but that's my suggestion.

Voodoo

You trot up behind it, jump up upon the rear body, climb the turret, open the hatch, then piss'r full! Simple young man, just plain simple. No sense in making it a complicated mission.
    Mac;)

Since you have 48 hours and you live on a “homestead” I would dig anti tank trenches.

Allow a drivable pathway, and pack the ground with about 200 lbs of ANAL. Run your cap to a minimal safe distance. Have a rotating watch for when the tank goes in to the kill zone.

A tow missile is probably the better way to go. Unfortunately thing don’t go that smooth usually.

Since you have 48 hours and you live on a “homestead” I would dig anti tank trenches.

Allow a drivable pathway, and pack the ground with about 200 lbs of ANAL. Run your cap to a minimal safe distance. Have a rotating watch for when the tank goes in to the kill zone.

A tow missile is probably the better way to go. Unfortunately thing don’t go that smooth usually.
    Yep, ANAL is the way to go.

Lots of gas, kerosene diesel or whatever burns and plenty of bottles.

pits can stop a tank , nothing likes fire , but I really liked that a10 idea Poland might have some , but the best idea might be NATO and mrs. potato to get off there asses and put an end to this real fast .

Last edited:
    One or more in ground mine/ improvised explosive that blasts projectile upward. Create choke point in the road. Broke down car chop down a tree. When the tank drives over it set it off.

Coworkers and I were discussing this topic.

Scenario:
    Foreign tank will be rolling down your county road in 48 hours. You have only what is commonly available at your farmstead. What is the most practical and effective method to disable the tank?

So far the best we've come up with is a bunch of girls in bikinis selling vodka to lure out the crew into the open.
    I would say a tank buster like the plane full FJB sent to Ukraine...