• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing ?How to Fix F***'d up Bottom Metal job?

gunlove

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2007
Ft. Campbell, KY
Last August I had a gunsmith in GA F*** up an Bottom Medal Job. I am wondering how/if I can fix this (for me it means getting a gunsmith to fix it). It is a Badger M4 on an HS Percision Stock. I have never even looked in a receiverless HSP stock before. I can only imagine it is hollow and would be hard to fix. And they only run around $200 used.. so would it even be worth the money to fix? I do like the stock..

Here's Pics:
http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=245623 (the Snipershide link is dead now)

Re: ?How to Fix F***'d up Bottom Metal job?

Jered Joplin and the crew at Patriot Arms (now American Precision Arms) can probably fix it, or let you know for sure that it can't be fixed. Without seeing the inletting, I would think it could be built back up with bedding material and pillars.

Contact Jered: http://www.americanprecisionarms.com/

I would suggest that you call Jered Joplin at American Precision Arms and speak directly to him. He can fix that for you. He is located in Jefferson Ga. Just a few minutes north of Atlanta,

Phone 706-534-1577

If Jered is not on the range or out of town you can speak directly to him.

Any smith with half a clue can fix that.

You could easly fix it with some glass bedding compound. I would just rebed the floorplate into the stock then fill in around the area that is cut out to much with the remainder of your glass bedding compound.

I don't know if you can do this type of work yourself but if you can't any gunsmith should be able to corret it for you.

Yes it could be fixed but.. My thoughts would be don't spend the money on the repair. Get a new or like new used stock. Sell the Badger M4 bottom metal and order the Williams drop in steel bottom metal and don't look back.

Even with a fix not everyone likes the look of the Badger bottom metal on the HS stock, it's just too big for the stock and doesn't have the correct lines to look good to everyone.

If you go the new stock route, and still want the Badger M4, send the stock to George at GA and have him cut the stock on the CNC.

If you go with a McMillan stock order it cut for the M4.

I'd be interested in buying the stock off you if it is a 5R model.

I could fix it too, but like has been said, you'd probably be better off in the end spending money on a McMillan or something fresh. I could make the stock worth money to myself because it's cheaper for me to fix it for myself than to fix for a customer.

If you're interested in selling, shoot me a PM and we can work out a price so you can buy a McMillan or something.

-matt

ETA: Damn man, that gun needs some tender loving care after what that guy did to her
frown.gif

Ouch!! I hope you payed on a credit card to get your money back. Aside from the botched bottom metal did you get the rest of the issues corrected?