• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to get killed with your own gun 101

It is kinda funny to see his reaction when he realized his shit just got snatched !

I’m no thief and I’m not a criminal but anytime I’ve seen anybody open carry my thought has always been the same thing… “I could take that.”

Once in a very crowded store with people brushing against one another I thought “I could take that and they probably wouldn’t even notice.”

I never open carry unless I’m in the woods.

I’ll never give up the tactical advantage of being armed and the other person not knowing what they are up against.

I remember Clint Smith once admonishing our class “get some tactical advantage and don’t lose it, ‘cus you’re gonna need it.”

If you're going to open carry, at least get some sort of retention holster. But I don't know of anyone who's both dumb enough to open carry and smart enough to do it with the right equipment. I'm sure that person exists, but not in the check-out lanes of the gas stations and supermarkets around here (seemingly the only places where people insist on open-carry).

Obviously, exceptions can be made for activities like hunting and backpacking, unless the squirrels in your AO are particularly sneaky.

Reactions: Bender and Fig
Cops open carry because they are usually around 2-7 or more other cops who can back each other up if shit goes down. A person open carrying by themselves, especially in a crowded urban environment, is just being plain stupid and tactically unaware.

Cops open carry because they are usually around 2-7 or more other cops who can back each other up if shit goes down. A person open carrying by themselves, especially in a crowded urban environment, is just being plain stupid and tactically unaware.

Well...I have been told not OCing means you're not serious about your 2A rights.

If you look closely it's very rare to see any patrol officers carrying their pistols in a holster that's not at least level 1 or 2 retention holster

I think a lot of folks don't quite understand how quick someone could snatch your gun from an open unsecured holster in a crowded setting.

Just as many don't understand how quick someone who has a bit of practice can take your gun away from you if they are at grappling distance.

I've never understood the idea of making yourself a target of attention or theft..... or worse. I carry all day, every day, and am perfectly happy if nobody ever notices at all.

Open carry is the equivalent to hanging a target on your back. Might as well put a shirt on that says “shoot me first” and you’ll have two guns to shoot up the rest of the gas station.

Never understood the whole open carry thing. I have my conceal carry and my head is on a swivel at all times, even when my "bulge" is hardly noticeable...Or I think the tactical crowd calls that "printing".

Reactions: mewillis
Never understood the whole open carry thing. I have my conceal carry and my head is on a swivel at all times, even when my "bulge" is hardly noticeable...Or I think the tactical crowd calls that "printing".
Poor you. My “bulge” is always on display

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
also, active retention or duty type holster preferred.

While I strongly support the right to open carry, I believe it is a bad idea if not done so with great awareness and a retention holster.

I look at most OC people as decoys.

Reactions: JR_77

They also generally are required by department policy to have a level 2 or 3 retention holster.

If course that doesn't matter if the holster is shit. My Dad hates Blackhawk because he went to a hand to hand course where they practiced defending gun grabs. All the Blackhawks were easy enough because they would snap the belt loops and the perp ended up with the whole thing in 1 second. The Safarilands didn't break during the same course.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I don’t blame victims of crimes

Yes he could have should have would have done different, but you can play that till the cows come home until you’re crazy to leave your home without over watch and a helicopter spun up on standby

I also think, that guy just could have easily moved him arm, or the weapon might not have cleared as easily, now that robber now is 100% fair game for a justifiable use of deadly force

Open carry is the equivalent to hanging a target on your back. Might as well put a shirt on that says “shoot me first” and you’ll have two guns to shoot up the rest of the gas station.

Add that to the 5,000,000 other things that make you a target to victimizing scumbags

That subhuman in the video didn’t go into the store to buy his grandma some milk, he was hanging around looking for a victim, if it wasn’t that guy it would have probably been your wife “asking for it” but not concealing her purse, or the old Asian asking for it by being old 🤷‍♂️

Open carry at a bbq is the firearms equivalent of a middle-aged, pot-bellied stripper. Flaunt it all you want. No one cares to see it.

Open carry at a bbq is the firearms equivalent of a middle-aged, pot-bellied stripper. Flaunt it all you want. No one cares to see it.

And yet

4556972_0.jpg

Stumbled across a thread on another forum a while back. Lots of folks disagree. One gentleman insisted there are no documented cases of anyone ever being "shot first" because they were armed becuase "it never happens." A number of cases were posted by different people and he had reasons why they didn't count. He was so passionate he was finally banned.

Stumbled across a thread on another forum a while back. Lots of folks disagree. One gentleman insisted there are no documented cases of anyone ever being "shot first" because they were armed becuase "it never happens." A number of cases were posted by different people and he had reasons why they didn't count. He was so passionate he was finally banned.

I look at it from another angle too, we always look at it from a defensive mindset to pick options, old saying that a good offense can be the best defense, so let’ ask our selves, if we were going to go into that same shop and try to kill people/rob it, would we have better luck having a weapon and our intentions obvious from the second we walked in, or if we went in under the radar until in position?

Now I’m obviously not saying go knock off your local 7/11..

However let’s is the same logic on a defense side, if god forbid I end up in a robbery and have to defend myself, like in so many CCTV videos, I’d rather not attract attention as a potential threat to the victimizer hopefully buying me maneuvering room before I act

To me, the only time I’ll open carry is on the range for a match, or if I’m in the backcountry via a chestrig, and that’s more about branches and snags than image or bravado

Good example, armed robber didn’t pay any mind to the fat chick in the pink shirt, well till he took what looks like a shot to the spine

Reactions: EddieNFL
Did you notice the asshole who almost ran her over trying to leave?

This is why I believe most people aren't worth saving. People might argue that that was the exception, but my experience says it's the rule.

Everyone's a shitbag

Did you notice the asshole who almost ran her over trying to leave?

This is why I believe most people aren't worth saving. People might argue that that was the exception, but my experience says it's the rule.

Everyone's a shitbag
No lives matter💥