• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes How to make choose an optic

aaron burks

Private
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2011
Low Gap AR
After saving for quite some time im getting close to purchasing a new optic for my rem700p 308. Here is my question. What should i base my decision on without having looked threw any of these scopes im considering? I want something ffp so have been looking at vortex pst ffp on the low end or swfa sshd 5x20 on the high end. However neither of these scopes are available locally to look at.

Re: How to make choose an optic

Im going thru the same thing now. Im not sure what your distances are nor your price range. But look at my thread, its below your post.

K thanx i posted it twice haha gotta figure out how to delete one. The biggest thing is not being able to actually put hands on these scopes before buying

we cant delete it. The Mods will lock and or delete it. Again I too am in the same predicament. I cant take a look at them in person, so Im trust some of the long time members here to guide me.

There are plenty of threads on this forum covering this topic. Search using your googlefoo and read the threads.
Listen to what others have said, figure out what you want, what you are doing with it and go from there.