• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How To Make Money?

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    Instead of writing a bunch out, which I did and erased, I'll let you guys ask me and go from there, okay? First a little about me.

Just went through divorce, I get fixed income due to disability. I'm saving for a new home but can rent my current one for two years if need be from the ex for $200 over mortgage ea. month. I can have $10k to invest by the end of the year IF the investment is right. I'm persistent. I don't like to take risks. I go for the sure thing or where risk is mitigated enough to still be viable. I studied math analysis at university. I destroy the MAT tests. I have nothing but time and patience to go with it.

What I'm looking for is a way to make money from home that's safe and a sure thing. A method. I know some of you are independently wealthy and I'd like to learn.

I understand I'll probably need money to invest in whatever. I'll have $10k by the end of year either to save for a new home or to start a business. I'd like to still be able to make and save some towards a new home while I'm doing this too. Any ideas?

I'm obviously desperate but I've also come to know you guys as stand up people who like to help each other. So here I am, show me the way.

Willing to do whatever works best I guess... Good over poor standards but I'll take what I can get?

If you can shoot and like to share your knowledge you could teach a few classes. Plan to do well in a few matches first.

All I know is paycheck work... I’ve been in construction/management for 15 yearsand trucking for the past 3.5 years. I am far from wealthy. But good luck on your endeavors.

If you can shoot and like to share your knowledge you could teach a few classes. Plan to do well in a few matches first.

I did teach the SDM course but that was years ago. I still have the discs and presentations. I thought of that but never could figure out a way to make it happen. Mostly logistics. And there are also a lot of big names and known schools that others tend to flock to. It would certainly be fun, it was the best job I ever had.

But mostly looking for something I can do from home. Weather gets bad, I have bad days, etc. See, I'm not dependent. I may not sleep one night, may sleep but can't walk in the morning. I never know what to expect. So I need something flexible at least.

All I know is paycheck work... I’ve been in construction/management for 15 yearsand trucking for the past 3.5 years. I am far from wealthy. But good luck on your endeavors.

Yeah I hear ya, all I really knew was contract work. Sub contract rather. Made a killing, was my own boss, but I can't do that work anymore. If I could, I wouldn't be here asking this, I'd be starting my own alarm/security company.

Reactions: Bender
    do you have any vocational skills?

welding certifications? manufacturing? electrical? carpentry? ect?

a lot of Voc-techs and community colleges will have adult night classes.....and that is easy money

I can write, and trust me, I do it better if it's a research paper or some such.

I can shoot, I can do university level mathematics (analysis, multivariable partial differential equations, etc.) and I know the security industry where I have/had multiple certs. I have an electricians license (I'd have to do some classes to get it reactivated). I've offered to engineer for reduced rates for alarm companies, but they'd rather pay more and have the engineer show up daily. I tutored math at Highline college, but the pay isn't worth it, it's better to do it for the street cred.

Basically I can do anything I put my mind to though. I know some of you are engaged in work from home. That's kinda what I need. But whatever it is it has to be a "sure thing" (provided I do my part).

Reactions: camocorvette
    The first thing missing, is what are your skills or qualifications? That is what will dictate what you can do from home.

Frankly, people who generally tell you they became independently wealthy from working at home with no clearly professed skills are blowing smoke up your ass and trying to scam you. There are good jobs which CAN be done from home, but typically they are preconditioned on solidly demonstrated abilities which allow an employer to trust that you can perform remotely.

Near southern Utah?

Have knowledge of how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot machine guns?

Good with nightvision?

Could you teach a bunch of NV noobs to shoot at night?

Could you do it all while you were on fire?

If you answered yes to all of the above, I have a job for you.

Rent the house and save. Your answer is in your problem. Mortgage broker. Good money for those willing to put in the time and know how to cross the t's and dot the i's. You're in the middle of it. Become your own broker and save some money.

Reactions: camocorvette
    Near southern Utah?

Have knowledge of how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot machine guns?

Good with nightvision?

Could you teach a bunch of NV noobs to shoot at night?

Could you do it all while you were on fire?

If you answered yes to all of the above, I have a job for you.

Yes to all in spades but Utah, I'm in WA. I'm not "married" to the state though so if I end up moving I may get back at 'ya. That sounds about like my dream job really. Living on the range, helping others.

That works.

Emphasis about the 'while on fire' thing. Just wanted to manage expectations.

But I may have something for someone in southern Utah, but it wouldn't be anything I'd move for, compensation wise.

The first thing missing, is what are your skills or qualifications? That is what will dictate what you can do from home.

Frankly, people who generally tell you they became independently wealthy from working at home with no clearly professed skills are blowing smoke up your ass and trying to scam you. There are good jobs which CAN be done from home, but typically they are preconditioned on solidly demonstrated abilities which allow an employer to trust that you can perform remotely.

Literally a jack of all trades, I'll do anything if it interests me. And what I'm looking for, I may not know exists. That's why I'm asking you. If it came down to me figuring out my assets and employing those, I'd be there already. I don't need you guys for that.

What I need to know about is how those who were successful are able to work from home. What do they do?

The math I know, well, I could design rocket engines, aircraft, spacecraft, work in physics, you name it. Or tutor kids or teach calculus (if I finished my doctorate).

I figured there were guys on here that did this, I guess none of them have seen this yet. Investments? Trade? Buy/sell? What?

Reactions: Bender
    I know a lot of people that work from home. Most in the computer programming industry. I also know someone that designs boats get a naval architect or marine engineering degree and work from home designing boats.

Last edited:
    I know a few people making pretty decent money as medical or legal transcriptionists. That might be too boring for a person with your skills but it's pretty good for shut-ins without other skills.

The risk there is the day that voice recognition software gets more accurate than a human transcriptionists.

Another person I met was making pretty good money doing marijuana trimming. It seems like a good job for a non-smoker and in certain states I think the legalities would not prohibit gun ownership unless you're smoking.

Hi,

Have you thought about doing freelance data mining type work? Since you say you like research, good with math and can write papers you could take on freelance data mining projects.
    You could even specialize in the firearms and defense industry type projects.
    For example (Would requires lots of research but if you are really good at that then it would not be a problem):
    Compile a list of sniper rifle tenders for every agency within each State and then sell that list to manufacturers and "smiths".
    Compile a list of support equipment tenders for every agency within each State and then sell that list to manufacturers and distributors.
    Compile a list of sniper rifle tenders for various National and International Gov agencies and sell that list to manufactures within USA and International manufacturers.

The more data list you make and the more times you sell that list the more money you make from the list. You launch a subscription service and you are just updating your list every month and get paid basically for same list each month from the subscribers.

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Have you ever looked into programming in Python? It is a highly valued skill and something you can do from home. There are lots of on-line courses that are free. You may want to check it out as there is always a need for it

Maybe build some furniture like this and sell it to people like us?

09-Funny-Pictures-1766.jpg

If you're looking for easy money investing, invest in companies suffering short term with media bombshells.

If you're looking for an actual job, I personally do contract/job shop machining/fabrication/welding after my day job and weekends and stay busy. Machining is one of those things that can be done from home in not alot of space if you have the initial investment $$$ to buy some machinery. I like being able to be in my own shop on my own time, drink beer, and not having to deal with alot of people.

Mobile welding repair on logging equipment up there in Washington?

Have you considered looking at gov't positions with DV friendly agencies, namely DoD and the VA, as well as state level? They're the best ones to not pink slip you because you have to call out from time to time, especially when it's service connected disability related, they're in my experience really good on that side. Get with the veteran's assistance agencies in your area, both state and federal levels, and let them help you out getting you into what you can do best (and be happy at doing).

At home work, I wouldn't know where to tell you to start. If I did, I'd have a lot more guns right now and likely no time to type this in the first place. I will say be wary and skeptical of anything you do come across, because there's a shit ton of scams going on for at home work.

Most of all, good luck finding something, you deserve something good.

Instead of writing a bunch out, which I did and erased, I'll let you guys ask me and go from there, okay? First a little about me.

Just went through divorce, I get fixed income due to disability. I'm saving for a new home but can rent my current one for two years if need be from the ex for $200 over mortgage ea. month. I can have $10k to invest by the end of the year IF the investment is right. I'm persistent. I don't like to take risks. I go for the sure thing or where risk is mitigated enough to still be viable. I studied math analysis at university. I destroy the MAT tests. I have nothing but time and patience to go with it.

What I'm looking for is a way to make money from home that's safe and a sure thing. A method. I know some of you are independently wealthy and I'd like to learn.

I understand I'll probably need money to invest in whatever. I'll have $10k by the end of year either to save for a new home or to start a business. I'd like to still be able to make and save some towards a new home while I'm doing this too. Any ideas?

I'm obviously desperate but I've also come to know you guys as stand up people who like to help each other. So here I am, show me the way.

What you should really be looking at, is where your talents, skills, and professional expertise is, and try to build off of that. In other words, what's "the right answer for me", isn't necessarily right for you.

How much does your disability limit you?

Confucious: "He who loves his work, never works again, for the rest of his life"

Best,

A.

i think he is solid on his skills
    sounds like he is just looking for new ideas that maybe he hasnt thought of yet

all that he who loves his work, thats shit, youre not working hard enough if you think that. 8 is 8, be greatful for a days work, everything turns into work
    the more responsibilty generally means more money
    you are going to be fine bro master, if i come up with anything not already discussed, i sure will post it

Reactions: Strykervet
    My mother in law does medical billing from home, but as a side-gig. Technical writing is another gig that can be done from home...

i think he is solid on his skills
    sounds like he is just looking for new ideas that maybe he hasnt thought of yet

all that he who loves his work, thats shit, youre not working hard enough if you think that. 8 is 8, be greatful for a days work, everything turns into work
    the more responsibilty generally means more money

Respectfully, I disagree, but your choice of words indicates that you work for other people.

Yes, you should definitely work a job you hate, for a bunch of pretentious corporate-types...for 40+ years, so you can suddenly be downsized, replaced by an H1-B, or a college flunkie...a few years before you go to collect on that pension you were promised (which will probably be cut in half at some point)...AND THIS is the exact course most people take in their lives...

Little reward, and there will always be someone else getting rich off of your sweat equity. You have no power in this arrangement...no control over your own destiny - for most, a "job" gives them just enough to keep them stuck in place...

Self-employment is not for everybody, and I get that...but working for others is not for me.

The rewards I get? A sense of satisfaction, coupled with the fact that 100% of the profits go into MY pocket (instead of somebody else's), not to mention the write-offs, tax advantages, and other perks (such as setting my own schedule, and travelling on the company dime - I wrote a 2 week Hawaiian vacation off as a 'research trip' one year...and Yes, it was perfectly legal to do).

So, choice is:

1. Make your passion your work; be prepared to work a lot harder, but enjoy the rewards when they come.

2. Work a shit job, and hope you get recognition, and additional responsibilities (to hopefully get a raise).

I stand by my choice, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Maybe build some furniture like this and sell it to people like us?

09-Funny-Pictures-1766.jpg

I've been thinking about making this kind of stuff but haven't put a pencil to the material to see why I would have in it to see if people would even pay enough to justify it. I thought about building smokers as well. As mentioned already, it's a matter of whether people will pay for something well made vs. a mass produced piece of shit made out of cheap material.

The two smoker pics are one that a friend and I built about a year ago.

Attachments

• IMG951310.jpg
      IMG951310.jpg
      79.4 KB · Views: 172
    • FB_IMG_1523234941877.jpg
      FB_IMG_1523234941877.jpg
      58.3 KB · Views: 175
    • Smokrt.jpg
      Smokrt.jpg
      206.4 KB · Views: 172
    • imagejpeg_0.jpg
      imagejpeg_0.jpg
      220.9 KB · Views: 154
    Reactions: Barneybdb
    I can write, and trust me, I do it better if it's a research paper or some such.

I can shoot, I can do university level mathematics (analysis, multivariable partial differential equations, etc.) and I know the security industry where I have/had multiple certs. I have an electricians license (I'd have to do some classes to get it reactivated). I've offered to engineer for reduced rates for alarm companies, but they'd rather pay more and have the engineer show up daily. I tutored math at Highline college, but the pay isn't worth it, it's better to do it for the street cred.

Basically I can do anything I put my mind to though. I know some of you are engaged in work from home. That's kinda what I need. But whatever it is it has to be a "sure thing" (provided I do my part).

Whoring can be fun. I believe the Velvet Jones Correspondence School has a course called "I Want To Be A Ho". Contract killing pays well. And of course many in the US do well as welfare leeches.

I hope these were useful suggestions.

Respectfully, I disagree, but your choice of words indicates that you work for other people.

Yes, you should definitely work a job you hate, for a bunch of pretentious corporate-types...for 40+ years, so you can suddenly be downsized, replaced by an H1-B, or a college flunkie...a few years before you go to collect on that pension you were promised (which will probably be cut in half at some point)...AND THIS is the exact course most people take in their lives...

Little reward, and there will always be someone else getting rich off of your sweat equity. You have no power in this arrangement...no control over your own destiny - for most, a "job" gives them just enough to keep them stuck in place...

Self-employment is not for everybody, and I get that...but working for others is not for me.

The rewards I get? A sense of satisfaction, coupled with the fact that 100% of the profits go into MY pocket (instead of somebody else's), not to mention the write-offs, tax advantages, and other perks (such as setting my own schedule, and travelling on the company dime - I wrote a 2 week Hawaiian vacation off as a 'research trip' one year...and Yes, it was perfectly legal to do).

So, choice is:

1. Make your passion your work; be prepared to work a lot harder, but enjoy the rewards when they come.

2. Work a shit job, and hope you get recognition, and additional responsibilities (to hopefully get a raise).

you sound like a real fucking twit..

i think you wanted to jack off in front of us vs have something cool to hook stryker up with and i dont think you are as smart as what you think you are

i am self employed,

i, BELIEVE, stryker to be educated, smart and vocationally sound, i BELIEVE, strykers intentions are to be self employed.

unfucking less, someone here can hook him up with something, someone, or maybe some tech that he hasnt thought about.

and then out fucking standing, working for yourself neccessarily isnt always the best.

Last edited:
    After last summer I am convinced that there aren’t to many office jobs that can’t be done from home. Internet, remote link to my desk tower in my office, lap top with HDMI plugged into my 64” big screen, construction software to split the big screen into 4 different monitors-for design review, take off or comment, cell phone to pat a subcontractor on the back or light a fire, periodic site visits and the only thing I couldn’t do at home was walk to the printer at the office and pick up what I printed off. Access to everything that I could do sitting at the office. 90% of my time was at home. Sucked going back to the office cuz I was now used to a huge 4K HD monitor?

With your electrical background you could PM and estimate as an example but the larger picture is that you could work from home using your skills for damn near any office job as a manager or designer. Really liked Theis’s idea and I think Redmanss is on point for resources.

Last edited:
    You are good at writing you said, correct? You like firearms obviously. Have you considered being a writer for the outdoor industry? You can make $250-$1100 or so let article for lots of publications out there, if you got the right knowledge. It’s very competitive though. I’m also assuming that your disability will allow you to get out and shoot pics and video and whatnot tho considering you are on a shooting forum.

Reactions: spot1960

Wow, what a classy reply, to someone you don't even know.

In your first reply, you answered questions which weren't even addressed to you, and couldn't even keep a basic conversation on a civil level.

My first word in reply to you, was "respectfully", yet you couldn't even manage that.

I'm not sure what line of work you're in, but my current one is plenty profitable.

The point of the questions (to the original poster) are that HE should put some thought into what he's good at, and what he enjoys doing...and look for "a job" (or start his own opportunity) based off of that...as opposed to looking for "instant answers" on a forum.

You're right, I'm not that smart...in fact, the only thing I've ever been able to do really well, is learn from other peoples' mistakes, so I could avoid making them myself.

My current business, is actually a "hobby business", and I do it for fun. I failed at self-employment a dozen times, before I found my 'winning recipe'; I sold my stake in that company 2 years ago, and retired at 38. I'm not the richest guy out there, but I have more than enough to last my lifetime (since I'm also not the greediest guy out there, or a big-spender).

I never once claimed to be an expert, or to have all the answers.

Kind Regards,

The Fuckwit

youre a cupcake salesman, arent ya???

You figured it out...good for you. Let's try to get back to helping Strykervet. This isn't the "Make Fun of the Poster Above You" thread, and I won't waste any more of my time on you.

Reactions: Maggot
    trade stocks. you can purchase a funded account for $500 and get $14000 worth of buying power and access to a trading room with other professional traders. you do the same thing they do and follow their calls only with much smaller size. can easily make a few hundred a day. it ads up and you're not risking your $10K.

Here's the rub. Putting myself in the spot of a potential employer, I see someone who just wants to work from home, not someone who has sellable skills which are well-defined and supported, and can make the case for working form home IN ADDITION to overall selling themselves as employable for a particular position. One has to articulate the skills first, then make the case for work-from-home. If you can't do that, better to look at self employment options.

Reactions: wh20crazy
    Come up with a workable solution to a problem.

Then create and advertise the problem.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

trade stocks. you can purchase a funded account for $500 and get $14000 worth of buying power and access to a trading room with other professional traders. you do the same thing they do and follow their calls only with much smaller size. can easily make a few hundred a day. it ads up and you're not risking your $10K.

Tell me more? I could do this for side money!!!

Reactions: oneshot86