• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to mask gas in the field?

Cardboard55

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2021
PA
As we are all aware, scent and smell control are of vital importance in the field. Common errors like tobacco use are well-known. One area which may require introspection is the emission of certain bodily functions, particularly as we age. It is hoped we might address this in a mature fashion.

Not only the malodorous qualities, but sometimes the sharp retort of an uncontrolled venting, or "breezer" as our British friends may describe it, is fraught with risk.

Seems that with each passing year, both pungence and sound pressure levels of flatulence increase. It may reveal location, alienate female companions and startle dogs. I'm some cases, canaries may unexpectedly expire.

What then can be done to address this? Certainly it is problematic in situations requiring stealth.

Can medical professionals affix some sort of tactical equipment which would quietly dispense with unexpected gaseous events, and render their olfactory signature benign?

Possibly some manner of discreet flaring, as is commonly used in Louisiana and Texas oil fields?

1*Ev13n5sIyZBkj7X46VLoAA.gif

In austere conditions, this might even be put to use for cooking and heat. For our Air Force brethren, can seat cushions be vented into afterburners, on aircraft so equipped?

I ask as younger personnel may be reluctant to explore such questions.

6ndv10.jpg

As we are all aware, scent and smell control are of vital importance in the field. Common errors like tobacco use are well-known. One area which may require introspection is the emission of certain bodily functions, particularly as we age. It is hoped we might address this in a mature fashion.

Not only the malodorous qualities, but sometimes the sharp retort of an uncontrolled venting, or "breezer" as our British friends may describe it, is fraught with risk.

Seems that with each passing year, both pungence and sound pressure levels of flatulence increase. It may reveal location, alienate female companions and startle dogs. I'm some cases, canaries may unexpectedly expire.

What then can be done to address this? Certainly it is problematic in situations requiring stealth.

Can medical professionals affix some sort of tactical equipment which would quietly dispense with unexpected gaseous events, and render their olfactory signature benign?

Possibly some manner of discreet flaring, as is commonly used in Louisiana and Texas oil fields?

1*Ev13n5sIyZBkj7X46VLoAA.gif

In austere conditions, this might even be put to use for cooking and heat. For our Air Force brethren, can seat cushions be vented into afterburners, on aircraft so equipped?

I ask as younger personnel may be reluctant to explore such questions.

6ndv10.jpg
Just wear a COVID face mask as underwear

I've made the mistake of eating Raisin Bran topped with protein powder before heading out to a stand.

All I got to do was practice my grunt calls alone in the woods.

Seriously, a mature deer is going to pick you off well outside of bow and usually outside of visual range. In addition, morning thermals should help get it up and away...evening is a different problem, but again - you stink way more than that bottle of scent eliminator advertises.

As long as you don't pull a 'Brandon in the Vatican' you'll probably be okay.

Reactions: Cardboard55
My old man had a cigarette hanging out his mouth each time I shot a deer when I was a boy. When we weren’t seeing anything I would ask him to light one up.

I’m figuring a little poot wouldn’t hurt anything. Lol

My old man had a cigarette hanging out his mouth each time I shot a deer when I was a boy. When we weren’t seeing anything I would ask him to light one up.

The same but different.

Go on a guided hunt…hunter (me) is all camo etc

Guide who walks next to you step by step is in carharts and a sweatshirt.

Turn look at any old hunting picture …old guys in brown pants and red flannel

Lighting it on fire will also give you a break from the cold.

This… I’ve shot several deer and a moose. All at close range, with a lit cigar in my choppers.

I think they come in out of curiosity!

Sirhr

The same but different.

Go on a guided hunt…hunter (me) is all camo etc

Guide who walks next to you step by step is in carharts and a sweatshirt.

Turn look at any old hunting picture …old guys in brown pants and red flannel
The camo and the scent blockers are bait to catch the hunters. The animals don’t know the difference. Some people like to go all out. It’s much more fun.

The camo and the scent blockers are bait to catch the hunters. The animals don’t know the difference. Some people like to go all out. It’s much more fun.
Yup…buying and getting ready to hunt is the fun part along with sitting out in the wild for a few days disconnected.

I’ve said a bunch of times I’d rather sneak up on a animal and hit it with a paintball gun. If you can’t hit a animal in the vitals at 300 yards and in with a modern rifle…you shouldn’t be allowed to hunt

If I want food I’ll go to the butcher prime taste better anyway.

Anyone have the pic of Pat Sinclair standing over a giant bull elk in a white tee shirt and blue jeans?

I cannot think of any one market segment with more marketing BS and snake oil than ‘big game’ hunting.

Probiotics. Yogurt, sauerkraut, those little pills with billions of lactose bacilli and stuff like that. If yer flatulence stinks it because yer digestion is not all that good. Eat yogurt - every day. Eat Kraut - every day. The older ya get the better ya need to eat. And fiber...lots of beans and cabbage and veggies and even Benefiber or Metamucil which I take 2X a day.

I'll eat beans and cabbage at the same meal and wash it down with beer and if I get any gas it doesn't smell at all. Eat better if ya don't wanna stink.

VooDoo

Ah… precision rifle shooting ;-).

Present company excepted, of course…

Sirhr
Besides, an action guaranteed to knock 1/8 sec off your bolt stroke time is a legitimate improvement. But, filtered butt plugs don’t work…

Yup…buying and getting ready to hunt is the fun part along with sitting out in the wild for a few days disconnected.

I’ve said a bunch of times I’d rather sneak up on a animal and hit it with a paintball gun. If you can’t hit a animal in the vitals at 300 yards and in with a modern rifle…you shouldn’t be allowed to hunt

If I want food I’ll go to the butcher prime taste better anyway.

Back in the day we didn't have paintball guns. We had to make do with less:

We also walked to school. Rain or snow. 10 miles. Uphill. Both ways.

Probiotics. Yogurt, sauerkraut, those little pills with billions of lactose bacilli and stuff like that. If yer flatulence stinks it because yer digestion is not all that good. Eat yogurt - every day. Eat Kraut - every day. The older ya get the better ya need to eat. And fiber...lots of beans and cabbage and veggies and even Benefiber or Metamucil which I take 2X a day.

I'll eat beans and cabbage at the same meal and wash it down with beer and if I get any gas it doesn't smell at all. Eat better if ya don't wanna stink.

VooDoo
Kiefer works as well.

I put some red wine or beer in the beans, seems to cut down on the wind.

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
Coworker of mine usually shot a nice buck 30 minutes into opening morning. His SOP was to stumble out to a stand hungover, making as much noise as possible. Before climbing he'd throw up, light a cigarette to get the taste out of his mouth then take a piss. While peeing he would spot the buck and shoot it with his dick hanging out. The guy was too dumb to make up a story, so I actually believe him.

• Haha
Reactions: Maggot and Dirty D
Sit with your ass firmly against a cotton chair. Eat a bland diet. Ive never had smelly gas, nor are they detectable by sound at work.

At home....open range....no rules.

My wife got on a health kick 3 yrs ago. Shee now eats bland and cut out wine. She still doesnt fart around me, never really has, but she did comment that when she does that there is no smell any more.

We are neither foodies, we eat for the requirements not for enjoyment. Eat bland food, youll smell the diference in 2 weeks.