• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing how to properly remove a badger handguard

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I am trying to take my badger stabilizer off and replace it with a DD lite rail. after I removed the screws that hold the badger on the triangular barrel guide part. how do i get that triangular part off away from the gas tube and barrel. I am afraid I dont know too muach about these.

Re: how to properly remove a badger handguard

I haven't used a Badger, but most that have their own barrel nut require the gasblock and muzzle attachments to come off.

Whatcha gonna do with the Badger?

Its been a while, but you will have to remove the gas tube in order to take off the barrel nut assembly. I'm assuming you are using some kind of low profile or non sight gas block. If you have no muzzle device you can just slide off the gas block once the pins or screws are removed. If you have a muzzle device, you will need to take that off before the gas block can come off of the barrel. Even if you cant get the gas block off, you can drive the pin out that holds the gas tube and bring it rearward into the upper receiver and them move it over to the side or above the gas block and remove it carefully forward.

Once the gas block and gas tube are removed, you can now remove the barrel nut assembly. I believe all you will need to do is use a big wrench to break free the handguard mounting block (triangular piece) as you called it. Once that is loose, you can then remove the lock nut on the front of it. This should all come off then once its loose. Chances are its torqued to at least 35 foot lbs, so you will need to safely secure your upper in something. Good luck and if you feel like you are going to mess up anything, just take it to a smith, they should have the proper tools and know how.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FTE brake.
Loosen bolt and unscrew.
What is so hard? </div></div>

I think you might be confused. He has a Badger Ordnance Stabilizer hand guard, not the FTE Brake, at least I did not see that on the post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I haven't used a Badger, but most that have their own barrel nut require the gasblock and muzzle attachments to come off.

Whatcha gonna do with the Badger?</div></div>

its in the for sale section now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FTE brake.
Loosen bolt and unscrew.
What is so hard?</div></div>

LOL read the title.. not FTE brake :p

Called up gap. I have to remove the gas block which has been lock tighted. So guess what I did I wrung them head out of course. Now I got to drill the dang screws out and possible have to buy a new gas block.

Sometimes GAP builds these TOO GOOD. where I cant change parts out. All this for a damn DD lite rail. would have never have attempted if I knew i was in for all this.