• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How to remove bedding?

KevinU

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2009
Colorado
Had AICS stock bedded a couple years ago. Putting a different action in the stock. How do I remove the Devcon bedding?

On my Bridgeport mill. Don't have a mill? Then a rotary file on a die grinder or a Dremel type tool. Make a bunch of shallow cuts really close to one another, and then use a dowel slightly smaller around as your action with 60 grit paper wrapped around it to remove just a thin layer of the old bedding. Be prepared to do a little body work on the stock in places where the rotary file gets away from you, and tang area where the paper might scratch the stock a little. A new paint job might be needed after rifle is bedded again.

If I understand you right you are removing the bedding from an aics stock. Take the skins off and apply a little heat to the bedding. It should peel off without trying to hard. This will also keep from dinging up the chassis.

R

If I understand you right you are removing the bedding from an aics stock. Take the skins off and apply a little heat to the bedding. It should peel off without trying to hard. This will also keep from dinging up the chassis.

R

Thanks.