• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How to remove bipod spigot AIC's

Re: How to remove bipod spigot AIC's

You mean to remove the bit the spigot slides into? If so, tap out the roll pin through the side of the forend, it also holds in the front sling/bipod stud that hangs out the bottom.

Then push/tap the whole piece back into the forend around 3/16" and you'll be able to remove the plate that slides through with the sling loop on each side.

Once it's out, the rest will slide out the front of the stock. It has a rubber pad on the top side that makes it a little tight but it comes out fine.

Boy oh boy, that rubber pad can give you a bit of grief! A shot of WD-40 or Break Free or anything else will make it release a lot easier.

You can come play with mine, just got my badger barreled action back from GAP a couple of weeks ago and we need to shoot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You can come play with mine, just got my badger barreled action back from GAP a couple of weeks ago and we need to shoot. </div></div>
What caliber Nick? I finally got behind an AIC's and it worked VERY well for me so decided I better have one. Dumb enough on workings and had to ask above question, hope enough brains to mill it to accept a Sako bipod. Yes sir we need to hook up, I have been doing 2 range days a week so we can make it work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">6.5x47 throated for 130gr bergers </div></div>
Atta boy, NICE. My new a 6XC with Bartlein screwed on a Sako 22. Used reamer for 105-108 class leaning toward Berger 105 Hybrid.

Man those new 105 hybrids seem to be THE new bullet, been reading some great reviews. How do your primers look on the 6xc after firing, I have never seen so many completly flat primers as when I was RO'ing the Score High match in May. There must have been 10 6xc's at the match and I bet half had very flat primers though the brass didnt seem to mind!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Going to be at Butterfield tommorow from 12-2ish if you want to come out </div></div>

Looked @ forum too late today Nick would have liked to shoot a few with ya. 6XC is getting barrel cut to 26" and threaded 18x1. My primers always flat
grin.gif
I run Wolf that helps but the Norma brass has done for the XC what the Lapua has done for the 260. I did get a Sako bipod adapter made for the AIC's today it came out super just as nice or nicer than the TRG factory set up. If ever sell and want to go back to spigot 5 minute deal.

IMG_0283.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Essential</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twins!
feba9253.jpg
</div></div>

Dang near Nick but your way ahead of my game, I have to decide what caliber barrel I'm gonna screw on.

Mark, I'm fairly jealous of your welding table, that's a nice bit of gear!