• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How to remove Kyrlon Camo gun stock paint from AR?

shooter308

Sergeant
Minuteman
How can i get some over spray off the bottom bell of my gloss scope and a touch or 2 off my i think parkarized finish or whatever the dull black finish on my stock dpms AR. I dont want to take the gloss off my scope bell or make my rifle look bad is there anything out there or anything i have in the kitchen or storage room here???

Re: How to remove Kyrlon Camo gun stock paint from AR?

Try mineral oil first, then try laquer thinner or paint thinner and if those fail you could try acetone but I'd be very careful using acetone anywhere near a lens. It will remove the overspray but it'll remove everything else too is you aren't careful, like lens coatings. In the absence of chemicals I'd try a very fine sand paper, which will probably scratch the gloss off which you don't want. You could try some fine rubbing compound first, that may be the least abrasive way to try. I assume you tried soap and water?