• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to report scammer?

bmicek

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2017
Kansas
I’ve seen @lowlight ’s posts about being sick of people thinking they found a scammer and report them and just say “scammer”. Admittedly, I did that 2-3 times for a guy that kept messaging me every time I made a WTB ad (I know, it’s asking for scammers). I have no issue weeding them out, so I’m not complaining that they pop up when I make a WTB post.

My question is, how do I effectively report them? After seeing my report get denied I looked into it and I wasn’t giving ample proof. So in my most recent report, I made a note that every time I make a WTB ad, the same user has a copy and posted message with exactly what I’m looking for. An obvious scam (right?). But my report got denied again. It comes up in my alerts that it was denied but I am unable to click on it and read the feedback. But on my iPhone notifications it initially allowed me to read a bit further into the notification and it ended with “then ignore……” so I am making the assumption it said something along the lines of “then ignore him”.

So I’d like to know how I can provide any further proof so someone else doesn’t get scammed. I’m a beginner shooter and not a tech guy so maybe I’m overlooking the obvious. Hell, for all I know this isn’t even the right place to post about this.

We deny them when you waste our time

Not everything is a scam, some people are just not savvy when it comes to communicating

If your report was denied it was because you provided nothing and the account had nothing to investigate as in you gave us nothing and we don’t read DM

People assume we can drop in and read your messages, no, only public stuff. I have to take over an account to read DMs I don’t do that

Stop Looking, just move on and live your own life. If a scammer appears you can report them

Reactions: Ronws
We deny them when you waste our time

Not everything is a scam, some people are just not savvy when it comes to communicating

If your report was denied it was because you provided nothing and the account had nothing to investigate as in you gave us nothing and we don’t read DM

People assume we can drop in and read your messages, no, only public stuff. I have to take over an account to read DMs I don’t do that

Stop Looking, just move on and live your own life. If a scammer appears you can report them
So is the same person with the same copy and pasted message along with a contact linked outside of Snipershide on every WTB post not a red flag? That’s not a smart ass question, honest question. That’s the evidence I provided when I reported the person and it was denied. If that’s not sufficient, I’ll move on and quit wasting your guys time.

E7E75C71-C5C0-432E-A7DC-3CE8D6935967.jpeg

3AC0E37F-5BD6-4316-9D70-C234669248A1.jpeg

37A040A4-CA8E-4E9B-A388-B5835C4235F1.jpeg

You clearly said you wrote scammer with no link to to the text

If you provided that level of detail and it was rejected I’d say you have a claim but you know you never did that and we can’t see that in your PM and if they have no posts

You guys are the bigger issues being a distraction and a pain in the ads making posts to discuss how you didn’t do something right and want to know why we ignore you

Well you win, the Stone account is a scammer and I will remove it, now move along and go get a nice lunch for yourself as a reward

Just know if you do it right the first time we handle it when you make us guess we move along

Reactions: lash
This was my report, followed by my denied report. Wasn’t trying to waste anyone’s time, just trying to figure out what more information was needed as I didn’t see an option to upload my conversations with the scammer when I filed the report. Glad we got it sorted out before someone got scammed though. Thanks for the help.
E449A985-415F-4EDA-9321-2C14147A9FB7.png

8DAFA6FF-FFB8-4939-BC0B-EAEF1CD0256D.png

At this point I don't care,

I didn't handle it, I have no clue, I removed the poster, now go away, you aren't winning anything here, and I will probably just put you on discourage for bothering me

Reactions: bmicek
The issue is, we need evidence

Because people are making mistakes and seeing ghost we won't take your word for it, especially if you are an account we don't know.

It is super easy to "report" the post which gives us the post vs just saying it's a scammer. Because we have found people make mistakes in identifying them and if you label an account a Scammer and they are not they get pretty mad.
I get hate mail everyday from accounts that are banned by the System, not even a person, the system flags them and they throw a royal fit because it calls them Spam.

Since people started calling everything spam or scammer we need the post

Lastly,
Why we want you to use the report vs manually saying Member Z is a scammer

If we go into the system we can find other accounts, I can then start putting together the links to other scam accounts as they make multiple

Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.14.28 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.14.43 AM.png
Screenshot 2022-12-13 at 11.15.55 AM.png

using the report system I can put this together much easier vs having to find this manually and doing it manually is a lot harder to link these other accounts

PLEASE USE THE REPORT BUTTON

Reactions: Ronws and lash
Situation.
New user comes on. As their first post they necrothread. A few days later they go back and edit the post to add more words and add a link that directs to some site.

What are we supposed to call that to report it?

It's Spam, they are hiding, but if report was from the post we can see the link and understand what it is,

You can just call them a Spammer, and say, they are adding hyperlinks to necroposts

If we understand what you are saying it is much easier to rule on something we might not see

It saddens me that you have to explain this stuff to adult users of the internet. It seems like common sense that if you are reporting someone as a scammer that you would provide the information that leads you to believe it to be so.

But then I guess the old adage about common sense holds true, it ain’t that common after all.

I get it,

Because we do, deny, reports when there is nothing to look at. It can be a bit confusing, but really the answer should be a tad more detail than less. People tend to put reports in with one word and no other data.

It's why we want people to use the report button, it gives us more tools, but also we need to see stuff, we don't look at Private Messages so you can't assume we saw it.

When I see a thread that looks like spam, such as being chinese characters and blathering on and splattering multiple threads, all I do is click on "report" and give one word for the reason, "spam."

And then, I let it go. It's out of my hands and what others do is fine, either way.

Then, again, I am not posting WTB threads. Kind of know where to buy to find certain items I am looking for.

Just today

User made WTB Ad, against our recommendations and sure as hell, a scammer arrived

Guy is out a bunch of money, nothing used to contact the person works anymore

Organized Crime guys, not some down on his luck soul,

There are NO FUCKING DEALS THIS IS REAL LIFE