• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft how to? rifle wrap/ghillie?

tobylazur

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2007
I'm looking for a quick and dirty on how you'd achieve this type of camo pictured below. I'd like to try something like this for predator hunting this fall. Can you guys help me out?

2b6d4600.jpg

Re: how to? rifle wrap/ghillie?

strips of burlap or another material tied around the scope and rifle.

making sure not no cover any areas you need to operate mechanicaly.

I have used old military shirts torn up.

you can sew them together and "fit" them to the rifle, or just tie them with 550 cord.

you can change your camo to the envoronment, desert, woods, urban

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: koolnhard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">strips of burlap or another material tied around the scope and rifle.

making sure not no cover any areas you need to operate mechanicaly.

I have used old military shirts torn up.

you can sew them together and "fit" them to the rifle, or just tie them with 550 cord.

you can change your camo to the envoronment, desert, woods, urban </div></div>

I figured it was something that easy. Thank you for the help.

Not sure how it's done in the US but in the UK Forces:

wrap the weapon in some weapons/recon tape, such as http://www.qmstores.co.uk/gbu0-prodshow/BC-CL1524.html .... although if you can find it NATO Weapons Tape is better, a fabric weave 2" tape that doesn't leave a residue when removed and can be painted/smeared with mud and available in Green or Sand to mix/match to your local environment (http://survivalaids.com/order1.php?pg=1632).

then put strong rubber bands around the stock/scope....IMHO better than cord as elasticated and actively grips whatever you put in it (burlap/vegetation/netting etc)

This is an easy, cost-effective and easy-to-adapt way to camo a rifle and secure materials without paint or permanent change to the weapon.

This is kind of funny because i was thinking about this the day you posted this. Normally I would not use this rifle for hunting but I will be taking my brother coyote hunting here in a few weeks. I needed a wrap to cover the barrel because it is not coated. I had a old issued scarf laying around and cut it in half and then one strip I cut it in half. I tied jute to those 2 strips and the the other strip I cut diagonals in it to provide a little more dimension. Doesnt looks to bad IMO.

025.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

I like the wrap the best,the ghillie drap/wrap is kind of a pain in the ass to keep on when busting brush.

riflecamo-12.jpg

riflecamo-07.jpg

riflecamo-04.jpg

Rubber bands are your best friend!!