• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to setup 260 FL die for 7mm-08 brass ?

dvdt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2009
Dallas,TX
I have some Winchester 7mm-08 brass that I need to neck down for .260. I have a Redding FL die but I'm not sure how to set it up properly?

Can you guys give me some pointers ?

I'm using a CoAx press.

Re: How to setup 260 FL die for 7mm-08 brass ?

Thats the brass and die I use. If you have a bushing die you can run it through it without the bushing and then with one or jsut run it through it once with the bushing like I do. Has worked fine for me. Its not a big step in size so youll be ok. I use a little lube and shes gtg. Good luck

Yeah, I'm just not sure how to tell when I've sized it enough.

In the past when I've FL sized, I've always measured with calipers and the Hornady/Stoney Point headspace gauges and measured everything. Not sure how to do that this go around.

I just do trial and error, sizing the 7mm-08 brass until I get just a slight crush fit in my .260 chamber.

John

If you have the die set up already to FL size fired brass, lube up the 7-08 and go to town, I use a Forster FL die with the expander when I size mine down, after fire forming I use Redding Type S FL with a 290 bushing for unturned brass, and a .288 with neck turned brass with the expander removed.

Thanks guys.

I don't have any fired 260 brass yet. GAP hasn't shipped my rifle yet either. I'm probably just being too anxious. I suppose I should probably do myself a favor and fire some rounds through it first and then setup my dies. I was just hoping to do some prep before it got here.