• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to spend $1000

bkglock

Field Marshal
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2002
USA
Earlier this year my brother passed away, he had several medical issues. Now that his affairs are all settled I ended up receiving an inheritance of just over a thousand dollars.
I'm looking to use this money to buy something that I will keep as it will always remind me of my brother. So I'm looking for ideas/ suggestions on possible things to get. If you have an idea for something cool or unique please share.

Listen to Army Jerry.

Buy more Ammo.

You can thank your bro everytime you send a round down range.

Reactions: doubloon
2LYF.gif
Screenshot_20230303-204812_Reddit.jpg

Hmmm. For a $1000 I’d look at just getting something made with some of his favorite things. Or possibly a custom knife that you’ll have forever.

Not much gun related I can imagine that will always be a staple. With that being said. I inherited quite a few firearms from my incle that were nothing too special. Through some thought I sold many of them that were not unique and not a Dan Wesson 1911.

Reactions: bkglock
Earlier this year my brother passed away, he had several medical issues. Now that his affairs are all settled I ended up receiving an inheritance of just over a thousand dollars.
I'm looking to use this money to buy something that I will keep as it will always remind me of my brother. So I'm looking for ideas/ suggestions on possible things to get. If you have an idea for something cool or unique please share.
What would you brother want you to do?

Or possibly a custom knife that you’ll have forever.

This.

IMG_2229.jpeg

I bought the knife my brother is holding up as a Christmas present almost 25 years ago. He vowed not to use it until he could use it on a bull. He had to carry it a couple of years but it finally saw action. This pic is almost 23 years old. A meaningful gift.

Do something memorable and excessive.

P

He would probably say have fun with it. I may use some to buy a good bottle of scotch, but I would also like to have something permanent to pass on to my son.

That is hard, for something like that I want something that he used.

For something new to buy I think I would look to things you guys did together, as kids or older. Something that you still like to do and will remind you of doing it with him.

Either add a few grand and buy a nice 1911 that can be passed down, or use it to take your boy on a guided hunt or fishing trip.

What's something that you use the most and could buy/have made in a custom fashion??

If it's a knife then set out to find someone who is worthy of your money to commission a piece that will last forever.