• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to Succeed in Business...

rhsc

Red Headed Step Child
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 4, 2018
    South Texas
    - by working your butt off and making the best product you possibly can.

Pause at about the 25:00 mark to see their prices. They make a premium product.

Major props to filmmaker Alvin Zhou for giving the guys and gal at this BBQ joint
    the high-quality treatment they deserve. Just outstanding work all around.

What I have always found is that people seek reliability and a fair price for the job or service.

Reactions: Oldloser
    What I have always found is that people seek reliability and a fair price for the job or service.
    That has certainly worked for McDonald's, Burger King, Jack In The Box, etc.

Goldie's BBQ is based on a profoundly different business model; they're selling what is essentially a very high-end quality craft product. Fortunately, there's room in the world for both to succeed.

That has certainly worked for McDonald's, Burger King, Jack In The Box, etc.

Goldie's BBQ is based on a profoundly different business model; they're selling what is essentially a very high-end quality craft product. Fortunately, there's room in the world for both to succeed.
    By reliability I meant that when you say you will be there to do the job you are there.

That certainly applies to any successful business. Judging by the very high level of enthusiasm shown by the crew working at Goldie's, it's doubtful that's a problem there.

Good video, thanks! One thing successful businesses have in common is a strong customer focus. It is essential today because satisfied customers will share the info about your business with others and leave good reviews on which other people will rely.
    These fucking AI spam bots dredging up necro threads on everything but something firearm related subjects are getting ridiculous.

The easiest way to succeed is to lie, cheat, and steal..... the. IDENTIFY AS A Democrat.
    What? Wrong thread? ;)

Reactions: Maggot
    If anyone directs you to Cooper's in Llano, ignore them and go to Inman's about a 1/4 mile up the street.

Reactions: rhsc
    Their prices don't seem that crazy in the scheme of things.

If their product really is the best around, they have to be using prime meats. When properly smoked, choice will never yield an end product as good as prime. I've tried dozens of times a dozen different ways... low and slow to hot and fast and everything in between. Butcher paper, foil and no wrap for the stall, injecting with butter, basting like mad with apple cider vinegar and apple juice. It only helps so much.

They probably work insane hours and walk away with a normal, middle class income when all is said and done. It's not like they're a Michelin starred restaurant serving up an 11 course meal at $500 a head. People tend assume margins in restaurants are way higher than they actually are.

Anyone swinging by Raleigh, NC... this is a great BBQ place to check out.

Pro Mil, Pro LE, Pro America

Wednesday specials are the best: Triple Threat Wings & Burnt Ends

Owner is a good guy and actually knows BBQ well, pitmaster Chris Prieto.

Staff are always friendly and helpful.

Last edited:
    Reactions: kabarNC
    Did watch but if that’s about Goldie’s then I will tell you it’s damn good. My tray was like $225-$250 but I ate it for three days lol.

Reactions: rhsc
    If anyone directs you to Cooper's in Llano, ignore them and go to Inman's about a 1/4 mile up the street.
    There's a Cooper's on I-10 and Hwy 377 in Junction, and it's also a pretty hard pass. Very mediocre. Sad how they seem to have lost their way.

Reactions: Maggot