• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

how to tell its a 5r?

jimbob_walker

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2011
Conneaut lake pa
i just baught a new m700 ss. when i went to pick it up the box didnt say 5r rifling on it. i asked the owner of the gun shop and he assured me it was a 5r. i just figured it would say somewhere that it was a 5r. the only thing out of the ordinary i can find on it is it say 10th anniversery.

Re: how to tell its a 5r?

Does it look like this? How much did you pay for it?
Guns1104.jpg

Guns1109.jpg

i got it messed up. it looks like the rifle in the above post but it doesnt show 5r on the box. i paid $1100 plus tax for the gun.

so it doesn't say 5R on the box eh?

OUCH

sorry man. you could have gotten a new one for 1100 LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so it doesn't say 5R on the box eh?

OUCH

sorry man. you could have gotten a new one for 1100 LOL </div></div>

it is new. it just came in today.

It's a 5r, if you think otherwise shine a light down the barrel and count the grooves yourself, there will be 5 of them. As I said before, it's got a different stamp on the barrel, but it's the exact same thing.

If it is a matte stainless, hs precision stock with a 24" barrel (308), it's a 5R.

Also, the 10th ann. is another clue.

My box did not say 5R either.

Does it say 85505 on the order #? I believe this is the indication to a 5r also. My box says that number and so does one of the other posts. BTW mine did say 5r rifling on the box.