• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes how to use rangefinding graph reticle??

Pablo Luiz

Private
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2010
Hello my friends
I'm brazilian,and I have some problems..
First, we dont have many articles abouth riflescopes to learn and practice.
I have a riflescope 6-24x50,paralax adjustment(50-300 yards)and a rangefinding graph reticle....
Its about the reticle..how to use it?
I dont finded anything about it (rangefinding graph reticle )and I want to learn and to use better my riflescope.
Can somebody help to me?
Thanks

PS, sorry about my English fluency language

Re: how to use rangefinding graph reticle??

I think it's Larry again
grin.gif

its better now?
Can you help me?

thank's

how can i post a picture the show the reticle?
I have a photo but I dont know to post it.

If this is the "graph" you are talking about:

B001TH9ZFE-1-v2.jpg

Then I doubt you will be accurately finding the range of anything without some work.

First you are going to need to verify the accuracy of that reticle. Because I am betting it's not going to be spot-on.

Take a piece of cardboard and draw a vertical line on it. Mark the line every 10cm. Set the cardboard 100m away. See what power setting on the scope allows the lines on your "graph" reticle to line up with the lines on the cardboard.

MARK THAT POWER SETTING. That is the one you will want to use for all range finding.

Then use the reticle just like the "dots" in this article:
http://www.8541tactical.com/range_estimation.php

Your English is better than my Spanish.

Yes this is the reticle...

But if you can to give more exemples..i will be more happy.
Do you know some articles is spanish?
and whats de diference between this and the other reticles?

Jesus creist....

You seem to be typing ok to read a English artical, to be honest...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pablo BRAZIL SNP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">??????????????????????
</div></div>

What he is saying is that Baraska scopes and particularly their reticles, are not meant to be accurate, but more of a gimmick to get you to buy their inexpensive scopes. Without range time with this scope all opinions would be guesses at best.

porque uste quire un articulo en espagnol quando tu puedes escribir perfectamente en english ? Tambien usted puede buscar enel internet para las cosas que quiere leer - quiza

porque em Espanhol talvez fique mais claro de entender amigo, meu inglês nào é muito bom e fica dificil entender a todos
Si entrei neste forum é porque não estou encontrando artigos em português, e os que encontrei em ingles estão todos sem resposta.
Compreendes? muchacho?
Gracias por el todo

"SNP" stands for "Snap," as in "Oh SNAP! They speak Portuguese in Brazil, gringo!" LOL.
grin.gif

Lindy and LoneWolf gave you good advice, Pablo.

see if you can guide him toward a true mildot reticle Che. thats the most important thing he needs at this point. even the 3200 mil/mil or something close

Hola Pablo BRAZIL SNP , lo siento pero espagnol no es mi idioma tampoco falo portugese poque soy de Nueava Zelandia .El optico que tu tienes alli tal vez no es lo mejor que pude tener y seria mucho mejor si tienes un optico con un mill dot reticle y con el elevation y viento en mil / mill or si no es mill dot reticle uno que tiene todo imperialcaculationes pero no una mezcla de los dos typos .Miro esa pagina aca sobre el "mil dot reticle " y todo sera mucho mas claro -pues espero que si http://www.8541tactical.com/range_estimation.php