• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1100 - who has one ?

iceng

Non-Privates
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2017
South Aus
I've got the opportunity to get one in 'straya (finally). Not seen much feedback on them.

I acknowledge it's a cheaper end rimfire.
Can someone who has one give some actual results please ?

I want to say there are 2-3 members with them. Very few videos on them.
Accuracy seems to be a little worse than a CZ or tikka. More in line with a Ruger

I have a howa 1500, as far as the brand i think they are ok rifles, i would put em on par with rugers.

I've got a few howa1500, work fine. On par with any factory rifle, good accuracy.

I can't find much info on rimfire, and I acknowledge they are on the "cheaper / budget" end, but I don't want junk and waste of money.

I have one here but haven't had the opportunity to use it yet.
Hopefully will get it out soon & see what its like

I've got a few howa1500, work fine. On par with any factory rifle, good accuracy.

I can't find much info on rimfire, and I acknowledge they are on the "cheaper / budget" end, but I don't want junk and waste of money.
From the couple bits and pieces I've seen, they're not good, not bad, just meh.

Would be far better off with a cz457, Chuck it in a stock/chassis of choice and go from there.
At least the 457's are a known quantity with decent aftermarket options, well worth the extra $500aud.

I'll bring my varmint to the shop if you might want a barrelled action to harvest.

Nice. I'm seriously considering a Bergara rimfire and dropping it in the chassis we make and are testing.