• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Howa 1500 1-piece base

cb3725

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2008
Kennesaw, GA
I have had a rough time finding a one-piece picatinny style base for my Howa 1500 .223
Midway has the long action ones made by EGW but no short action ones. Does anyone know of anywhere else they can be ordered?
thanks

Re: Howa 1500 1-piece base

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesnt any base for a Rem 700 also fit the Howa's? So therefore bases shouldnt be hard to find at all.

The bolt pattern on short action Rem and Short action Howa is the same FOR TWO PEICE BASES.

If you want to run a 1 peice base, you need a dedicated Howa base. They are longer. Don't order a Remmy one peice base for your Howa.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gugubica</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The bolt pattern on short action Rem and Short action Howa is the same FOR TWO PEICE BASES.

If you want to run a 1 peice base, you need a dedicated Howa base. They are longer. Don't order a Remmy one peice base for your Howa. </div></div>

I stand corrected then. I knew one of them matched up atleast. I've heard some good things about the 1500's with the 20" bull barrel. Got a couple at the local Scheel's, may have to wring one out someday.

I went through Near Mfg, for my one peice 20 moa long action base. From what I was told by Richard the Rem LA bases are a couple of thousandths off, and thus should be epoxy bedded to the action when used on the Howa. He makes a specific 20 moa base for the Howa, as well as a 35moa base for the 700LA that could be used in the above stated manner. Now although his bases don't come cheap(around 185 shipped), I can't imagine anything else being of better fit and finish.