• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Howa 1500 .243 Winchester F/S $450+ shipping / fees

Awesymoto

Awesymoto outdoors
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2011
Eye da hoe
sites.google.com
Greetings all,
COVID Sucks, So I'm selling things to re-coup funds (pilot, went without work for a long time)
I have a Howa "lightning" .243 Win(I think the lightning model indicated a 20" light barrel, bolt knob hollowed, and receiver milled from factory).
Its always been around an honest 1.5 MOA gun +/- I have shot great small .5 groups and >2 MOA groups doing load development but can rely on it to produce about 1.5 MOA... This shoots best off front bags (for load development and grouping), Shooting off a bipod does not produce as tight as groups, I think its because the Hogue stock is not stiff enough.

Mods:
THE TRIGGER HAS BEEN MODIFIED, IT HAS BEEN LIGHTENED BY HAVING THE WEIGHT SPRING BEING CUT APPROXIMATELY 1 SPRING COIL

also I bedded the stock (in an attempt to make it more accurate) with Marine Tex... honestly it didn't really do anything probably because its a Hogue stock... Other than that it has (I think Warne?) Scope Bases.

What you're getting: A used .243 Winchester rifle, that in my use has always been smooth cycling, no malfunctions experienced, and one that has a great trigger that has had the trigger weight spring cut down to make it about a 1.5-2lb pull, its an amazing feeling trigger for the price, I have shot and owned a Timney CE and currently own and use a TT Diamond, is it either of these? No, but I believe it honestly gives the Timney a run for it's money... I know that's hard to believe but its a great trigger. This thing has killed an absolute ton of coyotes/fox/bobcats and prefers 70-85 grain bullets...

What you're NOT getting: A sub MOA PRS machine, that drills clover leaf groups all day long, or anything else that you'd expect from a high priced custom / semi custom.

Why you should buy this: looking to start a build, looking for a midwest / eastern US deer rifle (why I bought it)... looking for a rifle that slams coyotes within reasonable ranges 250 ish yards.

Because we live in a time where people are sue happy, here is my FULL DISCLAIMER. A PORTION OF THE TRIGGER WEIGHT SPRING HAS BEEN CUT, AS SUCH THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF SAFETY USING THIS RIFLE, THE USER IS ALWAYS ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR FIREARMS SAFETY AND USE. THIS TRIGGER IS LIGHT, YOU COULD HAVE A NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE DUE TO THE TRIGGER BEING MODIFIED!
BY PURCHASING THIS RIFLE YOU ACCEPT ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH PURCHASING A USED AND MODIFIED FIREARM!

there... phew now that that's out there, I have had no problems with the trigger, I cannot get it to bumpfire / slamfire if dropped on the ground, the safety has always worked and functioned fine for me. If you're uncomfortable using a modified trigger there are great alternatives, go buy a Timney trigger and put that on the rifle before you use it.

Price is $450 + Shipping & FFL Fees SHIP ONLY CONUS USA from FFL to another FFL. I accept PayPal, Venmo, Money Order, or Check (will not ship until check clears)

The rifle has 904 rounds through it, I have not abused the barrel, I let it cool between 3 shot groups. I don't load over book max with this and honestly this groups best way below published max charges. Prefers IMR4064, hates IMR4166...
Pics IMG_5984.JPGIMG_5985.JPGIMG_5983.JPGIMG_5989.JPGIMG_5990.JPGIMG_5992.JPGIMG_5993.JPGIMG_5994.JPGIMG_5995.JPG

Last edited: