• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 American

woogie_man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2010
Fargo, ND
Hey guys, Well I stepped up my game here from the rimfire side of things and got an actual long range rifle. Have been looking at the Howa line of rifles and been debating on picking one up for a few months now. Well after walking into my local sporting goods store.....there she was, the howa 1500 I had been looking at for a while now.

So grabbing the phone and checking the bank account, it looked ok to buy! So off to the salesman and getting paperwork completed. I am now the owner of this rifle in 6.5creed!

I went out shooting Saturday to get everything sighted in with some Hornandy 140 grain and some American 129 grain ammo. After getting a decent zero at a 100 yards I went for broke at a 600 yard target. After 3 shots getting wind and everything else figured out it was just about to easy to get hits on a 12" plate at that distance! Ok now I am hooked!!!

Now I am curious about different ammo that could be great for target as well as hunting.....and this is also opening the door to reloading as well. So now I am looking into different components and different options.

And this is where you guys come in....well I am hoping at least. Curious as to what ammo you guys have found that is accurate, as well as what load data would be a good start.

Good luck with the new gun.

I'm a fan of the Howa. I'm also jealous that you have such easy access to a range with steel at 600 yards.

Yep ,you're hooked. I would start with the sticky's on the reloading forum and the 6.5 creedmoor on the reloading depot. After that you'll a lot of info and have a good idea of what questions to ask. Best of luck.

The land is a from a friend that has a few soy bean fields at the back of his house. So there is plenty of range back there. I will continue to read

Thanks guys

Reactions: 1500varmint