• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

JarrodTX

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2019
Any recommendations to replace an MBA-4 milspec butt stock for precision shooting?

I’d like to adjust my Howa .308 to a precision rifle with as much reliable accuracy as possible and welcome any advice. This is my first post & first AR, albeit a bolt action. My primary goal is precision with deer hunting functionality.

My first trip to the range to break in the barrel with cheap 150gr ammo resulted in 100 yard 1.5” groupings, 6” above/below each other. I considering trashing the chassis for a McMillan hunter until learning about their potential accuracy. I addressed most of my frustrations:
>Re-mounted scope
>Fixed wobbly bipod by scrapping connector and re-drilling it directly into the chassis
>TBD, but confident Federal Match 175gr Should fit the .308 1-10 Twist

I have not sorted out the butt stock issue. This MBA-4 is terrible. It’s way too short and wobbles/flexes in all directions. Is there a way to directly mount a butt stock that gives the equivalence of an AXAICS/ stability of a single unit chassis? Or, can anyone recommend a quality rifle length butt stock?

Thanks for your help.

Did you tighten the tensioning screw? Should lock out all of the wobbly.
1574355230376.png

Reactions: JarrodTX
Did you tighten the tensioning screw? Should lock out all of the wobbly.
View attachment 7187356

Thanks! I discovered that last night and seems to take care of the side-to-side wobbly but not the up and down. I saw a video of one guy jamming in plastic stripped from a milk carton to fill the gap... which isn’t ideal. I know this isn’t the most expensive stock, but it’s not exactly cheap either. not sure what to do with that.. could they have put the wrong size buffer tube on?
I‘m a newbie at AR stuff and got a steal of a deal for this HOWA American Flag .308. I’m not necessarily trying to pour money into it- just want the parts to work.