• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa Axiom .308 Price?

Turbod ss

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Tonawanda, NY
So I originally ordered a Howa Houge package deal from my local ganer mountain. The rifle was $580.00. They didn't make me pre-pay for it so I was kind of happy.
So I went into the store last night to pick it up and I had seen a Howa Axiom in black (308). The price on the tag was $899.00. I wasn't really looking to spend that much but I said screw it. When the guy range me up the rifle range up at $612.00, so not thinking twice I said I'll take it!
I was just wondering if that was a good price I paid for the rifle or if its a normal price to see for these rifles?

Thanks everyone!

Re: Howa Axiom .308 Price?

Great buy. I had a hard on for that rifle till I bought it. I couldn't ever get the scope where it was comfortable The vertical adjustments on the stock were either too high or too low, And if using a bipod you'll find that the forend is not rigid and will bend side to side. To each his own there. Love the rifles though I have several.

Is your stock the Plastic, or aluminum version? Reason I ask, I had the plastic Axiom, and it flexed to much with a bi-pod on it. I canned it and bought the aluminum one and had no problem with it, other than a touch heavier.

I agree with the rest. I bought this stock in plastic even after reading reviews about it being flimsy. Needless to say that was a pretty stubborn decision on my part. I sold it and ended up getting a B&C A2 instead of the aluminum one mentioned above. If you like the look of the Axiom I would go with the aluminum. A bit heavier but much more durable.

Yea I'm thinking about getting the aluminum stock eventually. I just went and bought a Nikon Coyote scope last night for it. 4.5-14x40mm. Still havent fired the gun once yet haha.

Haha I know the feeling. I have a project gun just sitting in my gun safe right now because finding a magazine and ammo for it has been quite the ridiculous task.