• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa Mag Fed 6mmBR?

Phil3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
San Ramon, CA
Has anyone modified or know how to go about setting up a Howa action to mag feed 6mmBR cartridges? I found some info on GeoVario LLC - Web Access, but not specific to Howa. Not sure what is required or if it is even possible, but if someone else has ventured down this round, would love to hear from you.

Phil

I would start with the CDI precision bottom metal. The howa is a pretty beefy action due to the flat bottom so there is definitely some metal that can be worked with. Mark at short action customs did my howa .308 and it came out fantastic. Might want to give him a call or PM him and let him know what you are interested in.

I've got a mag fed Howa in 6BR. I used the AI 223 magazines. I sanded the inside so the rounds would slide up, opened up the underside of the feed lips to let the cartridge sit at the right height for the bolt to pick the round up and trimmed back the front of the feed lips so the round popped out a tad earlier. It feeds flawlesly. The mag holds 6 rounds easily, probably 7 at a squeeze.

Magazine feeding 6BR in a Howa. - YouTube

IMG_1030%5B1%5D.jpg