• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOLD Howa Mini 223 ackley

Yoteski

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Here's a little parts rifle. Started life as a Howa mini 223 20" barrel. Had my gunsmith set it back and rechamber to a 223 ai, so it ended up somewhere around 19".
Has an outer impact 0 moa base on it and DIP bottom metal. Shadetree bedded two cf arrow shafts in the forend and floated it with devcon. Also bedded the action. Added an 8" Area 419
20211022_175843.jpg
universal arca rail to the bottom.
Now the downside. Full transparency, the throat moved out far enough in the 1,000 rounds or so I have on it that it quit shooting the load I was using for coyotes (60 grain tmk), and the limited mag length prevents me from seating a bullet out longer. I decided I want to build everything off my Bighorn actions to consolidate parts/scopes and just spin on new barrels.
This little guy has killed a bunch of coyotes, but I don't want to invest anything into it to get it shooting again. It's a 1:8 twist barrel threaded 1/2x28. Looking for $550 obo shipped with the accessories. Bipod not for sale.

Last edited: