• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa mini action in LSS Folder

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    I'm considering a backpack short range precision rifle.
    I was thinking a Howa mini action in 6.5 grendel or 6mm ARC, with the barrel cut to 16.5 and an MDT LSS with a folder.
    Has anyone ever built one like this?
    What was the overall length when done?
    Pics would be helpful
    Thanks

Tag. I have a mini action, and want something super compact. I think Manners was thinking about making their collapsing stock inlet for the mini, but that was a few years ago and I don't think that project took off. That would be killer.

I bought the Brownells pistol chassis for mine and eventually want to build it as a SBR. I wanted something really compact and didn't want to spend as much as the Elf Owl chassis so when the Brownells/MDT went on sale I grabbed it.

20221005_123006.jpg

Although not a folder, I had it chopped to 18" and find it very handy. I just hate that it's not grouping, I have shotgun patterns but I'll figure it out slowly.

Overall as a package though, I think you'll find it great. I day go for it!

It's a 6.5G by the way!

Check out the Jtac Elf Owl chassis as well. Nice and light with some good options. This one is a 6.5g with an 18" CarbonSix barrel. I love the 2 stage trigger and 2 position safety. It's a shooter.

Attachments

• IMG_20220815_190022.jpg
      IMG_20220815_190022.jpg
      180.4 KB · Views: 160
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Huckmeat
    Tag. I have a mini action, and want something super compact. I think Manners was thinking about making their collapsing stock inlet for the mini, but that was a few years ago and I don't think that project took off. That would be killer.
    Easy way would be to order a flat top and have LRI do their inletting.

Reactions: Huckmeat
    Check out the Jtac Elf Owl chassis as well. Nice and light with some good options. This one is a 6.5g with an 18" CarbonSix barrel. I love the 2 stage trigger and 2 position safety. It's a shooter.
    Thats a nice looking rifle . I also have a us optic 3x12 on my 5.56 mini action .

Total weight of that build? Looks like fun

I have a howa mini with a 15 “ barrel I am wanting to put a 18” on and make it a rifle. Needing a good gunsmith for the howa actions.

Last edited: