• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa Mini BA on sale at Brownells

Specific to Howa but there are quite a few stock/chassis companies that make inlets for them

I used to have a direct line to one of the sales guys at Legacy Sports International, and could buy Howa 1500 & Mini bbl'd actions at pretty decent prices...until Brownells finagled exclusive sales rights. But aside from having to buy custom made aluminum DBM to replace the cheezy poly unit that these rifles ship with, they're a great basis for a petite light weight rifle, if you stick with a fairly light bbl contour when you re-barrel them. While they don't compare that well when put beside a nice Sako L461 Vixen action, they don't cost an arm & a leg, and are generally available. I've got five of them with Bartlein or Krieger barrels, all in stocks from B&C, Boyds, and one in a McMillan Game Scout, chambered for 20 Tactical, 223 AI, 22 Grendel, 6 RAT, and 6.5 Grendel. I like 'em all, and usually stop to read any thread with "Howa Mini" in the title. Keep it up, all you guys who like to play with these little actions!