• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Howa mini replacement bolt

bigfoot750

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2008
Looking at a howa mini 6.5 barreled action to run in a jtac pistol chassis. I also want to use a 300blk howage barrel with a mini 223 bolt in the same action l. Any other issues to look out for other than head spacing when going between the 2 bolts.

I’ve had both good and bad luck with swapping bolts between my howa mini actions. The factory barrels seem to work well between actions, but some lugs have been too tight.

I didn't know Howa sold bolts separately. I know when actions and bolts are mated at the factory, they mark the bolt with that action's SN as part of their headspacing check / QA I believe.
That said, I think the Howa is an excellent bargain for the price. For the cost of a bolt, how far you then from another barreled action to simply build another purpose built rifle?

Thanks for the info.

The 223 bolt will be roughly $300 cheaper than the barreled action. I would rather only buy the one chassis and just swap bolts/barrels. Gun will be used for 6.5g and 300blk. Under 300yards