• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Howa stock options

proneshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2010
I need a new stock and don't want low-end stuff like Bell & Carlson or Axiom.

Besides Manners and McMillan, who else makes hand-laminated composite stocks for them?

Are there any metal chassis stocks worth considering?

Thanks.

Re: Howa stock options

Not exactly what you are looking for, but have you thought about Laminate?

I have started using the laminates due to the look and feel. They add a balanced weight to the gun, and its something different than all the composite stuff.

Here's my Howa i just finished..By the way it shoots like a dream! Its a Joel Russo A5L stock.
DSC_0736.jpg

DSC_0732.jpg

I have one of the ultra light Bansner type Mauser stocks.
They make them for Howa too. They can be bought through Brownells as High Tech Specialties.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Willys46</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not exactly what you are looking for, but have you thought about Laminate? </div></div>
Actually, that IS an excellent option. I have had laminated wood stocks on a pair of Model 70s built as NRA Highpower Match Rifles and you are correct about their stability and greater weight than composite stocks.

I will definitely look that guy up.

In fact, I REALLY dig your stock.