• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howdy from Georgia. Aging ornery dude, getting stuff lined up several years prior to retirement.

DubfromGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2020
:giggle:

I suck at introductions.....and I'm only ornery at obstacles that keep me from doing stuff I enjoy. Let me go ahead get started with a sincere apology. I don't know what happened to Georgia in this election. We've let Atlanta's thinking poison the rest of this great state. I hope & pray that we don't fail the country on the Jan 5th runoff election. The results are imperative to shooting sports and gun owners and vital to anyone who gives a rip about the state of our economy and national security from border breaching.

52 years old...another ten years or less to work...trying to settle into the fun stuff that I'll be doing for the duration.

Crappy knees are shot out and needing replacement...that'll happen when I get time. It's cut out a few hobbies.

One core lifelong hobby has been shooting & hunting. The hunting isn't something I have a pile of free time for currently...but still enjoy every so often. Work and caring for my brave wife who is giving cancer a damn good fight is where my time is spent.

Weekly trips to the local ranges are mighty enjoyable and therapeutic. Shooting takes all my focus. During those sessions there are just targets, sights, trigger, hold and recovery of sights. All other distractions are gone. I can't emphasize how relaxing this is. Total control over where the round goes.....total control over the hits & misses. Mine to own. Very relaxing.

I don't do any competition stuff, but could see where it may be fun....if the local ranges can weather the insane political storm and remain open and running monthly events.

Mostly I've been shooting handguns.....more specifically 1911's. I thoroughly enjoy them and have been slowly upgrading the quality of the guns I shoot and carry.

Every so often I'll grab one or two hunting rifles and carry them along for some fun....usually at a buddy's range where there will be a few guys shooting.

Most recently I've been bitten by the AR bug. The thought of not being able to get them in the near future pisses me off royally. So...I'm getting them now...as I can afford to along with primers & powder.....then I'll worry about optics & reloading dies/tooling later.

I put an Aimpoint dot on the 5.56 pistol. It's running well.

Last week my AR-10 .308 came in. A hair over 8lbs. I want to mount glass on it that will allow me to have range fun at our shoots as well as hunt deer/pigs on occasion. Going to be reading through the forums here and getting some ideas. I'd like to be solid with out to 600+yrds but be able to run at lower magnification and use an illuminated reticle for the woods. Ballpark budget is ~ $2,000. I want a quality piece of gear that I won't outgrow or wish I'd invested a little more for better quality.

My next rifle hasn't been ordered/bought yet...but looking into AR-15 .223 Wylde chamber. 18"---20" heavy barrel. Most likely 1-7" or 1-8". Clean trigger...like my AR-10. This gun will be for range fun. Not so much worried about the weight. It'll be something that I'll enjoy plinking on our shoots at various ranges and intermediate random targets. We'll pick out a drink bottle and each take a shot. Could be at 100yds. Could be much further. I'd like a something that can handle frequent turret adjustments, yet return to zero. I'm willing to spend a bit more for glass on this one as I'd like to have more magnification than the glass for AR-10. Ballpark budget is ~ $2,500.

These will be fun rifles to handload for and nail down specifics loads they shoot very well.

Looking forward to meeting ya'll in the forums.

Again, sorry as hell about my fellow Georgians crapping in their pants on this past election. There is no explaining the results...other than we are infected by Atlanta thinking idiots.

Greg

Last edited:
Welcome Greg !

Don't apologize, you are but one person. The corruption is vast and wide in this nation. The same thing happened here in Warshington state many years ago. I have not had complimentary political/governamental representation for my entire life here.

Also, word of advice; There can be some "coarse" individuals here. Ignore them and don't get the impression they are in the majority, they are not. There are vast treasures of information and camaraderie here, but sometimes you must work at keeping the animals at bay in order to get to it. We're here to help. (y)

Reactions: DubfromGA
Thanks everyone.

Glad to be here.

So much I hope to learn.....gonna be a fun process.

No apologies required. It’s 2020 and everything is nuts.

Welcome to SH. Check out the forums, and definitely look into the online training materials.

welcome from delaware
penny-wise-it.gif

Thanks.

Getting some scopes mounted today on hunting rifles and a hunting revolver.

Fun times ahead.

Gonna hit the range on Tuesday & Wednesday to sight them in.

Welcome fellow Peach stater.
SH is an excellent resource.
Just a couple of things to know - use the search feature before asking a question that probably has 10 threads already and tread lightly in the Bear Pit, you can "step-in-it" pretty easy there. LOL