• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howdy from St Augustine, Florida

Stan The Florida Man

Private
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2021
St Auggie, Florida
Thanks for letting me join…I don’t join many forums, pretty much just lurk, read and learn. But this one piqued my interest.

I‘m 54 yrs old, only been shooting “amateur” for 2 years, and am still learning (and will continue to learn for the next 30 years or so…lol).

I started reloading soon after I started plinking, challenging myself to different distances and different loads. I shoot 4 different calibers, 22LR, 223, 308 and 7.62x39. All but the 22 are vintage rifles…I know by now that to accomplish any sort of accurate, long distant shooting, the vintage arms will have to be upgraded to more modern barrels. Soon, little grasshoppah, soooon….

I‘m just gonna lurk for awhile, learn the lingo and abbreviations, and search the forums for useful info. I currently own a copy of BallisticsARC, and need some basic info on the terminology used in the app. I’ll just search for a bit, and if nothing comes up, I’ll post a question that hopefully hasn’t been asked before. I’m sure there’s always that one question that most all newbies ask, and gets the veteran shooters all riled up and replying back in all caps, “SEARCH THE G—DD—M FORUM BEFORE ASKING THAT STEWPID QUESTION!” Hahahahaaa….I’m not a newbie to the interwebs….just a rookie to professional LR shooting.

Thanks again for letting me in…we’ll chat more later…JD

Reactions: DustBun