• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howdy

dakotalawdog

Private
Minuteman
I joined in 2009 and have been lurking the forums ever since, but I guess I have never posted anything until now.... so I better introduce myself.

I am an LEO in the midwest - work patrol, firearms instructor, I oversee the maintenance of our department's patrol rifles and am a member of our SWAT team. I've done some precision shooting in the past, but was recently selected as an intermediate sniper on our SWAT team. We have a dedicated sniper platoon of five guys who run .308 bolt guns, have a couple .338s. There of two of us in the intermediate role to provide additional long rifle support if it's needed. I was issued a 20" Armalite ARs with 3.5-10 x 40 Leupold Mk IV that shoots pretty nice actually.

I also run an LE-oriented firearms blog, The Professional Gunfighter | Mindset, Training and Equipment for those who go in harm's way

Anyways, I'm sure I'll be around more seeking additional information - I've done quite a bit of shooting but this role is very new to me so I have a lot to learn.