• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How's the trigger on the Seekins SP10?

canezach

House of Chingasos
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 18, 2014
    Colorado
    I ordered an SP10 in April and I'm guessing it won't be ready for another couple of months, so I have some time to collect some upgrades, if necessary. How is the factory trigger on the rifle? Is it decent or is it one that should be replaced upon arrival?

I ordered an SP10 in April and I'm guessing it won't be ready for another couple of months, so I have some time to collect some upgrades, if necessary. How is the factory trigger on the rifle? Is it decent or is it one that should be replaced upon arrival?

I'll jump in here since I actually own a SP-10 6.5 CM that came with the Timney Trigger. IMO the trigger was absolute garbage! The amount of trigger creep was awful, I could be on target doing a slow controlled pull to the rear and feel the sear dragging on the contact points. Even after reworking the trigger I was never happy with it. As much as it pains me to admit this you'd be better off replacing it with the LaRue MBT.

I personally replaced it with a Triggertech AR-10 Diamond and couldn't be happier.

I'll jump in here since I actually own a SP-10 6.5 CM that came with the Timney Trigger. IMO the trigger was absolute garbage! The amount of trigger creep was awful, I could be on target doing a slow controlled pull to the rear and feel the sear dragging on the contact points. Even after reworking the trigger I was never happy with it. As much as it pains me to admit this you'd be better off replacing it with the LaRue MBT.
    No shit? That bad, huh? I have used Timney triggers on a few builds over the last ten years and been happy, but I've never tried one of their AR triggers

No shit? That bad, huh? I have used Timney triggers on a few builds over the last ten years and been happy, but I've never tried one of their AR triggers.
    Yeah their Bolt gun triggers are pretty respectable, and the AR Calvin Elite isn't bad either but the 3-4 pound drop in AR triggers that I've had in the past have never been very good and I've had four to five of them. I will say that the AR-15 drop in triggers tend to be better than their AR-10 offerings, and I have a funny suspicion that most people that are giving them praise are talking about the AR-15 drop-ins not the AR-10

Last edited:
    Yeah their Bolt gun triggers are pretty respectable, and the AR Calvin Elite isn't bad either but the 3-4 pound drop in AR triggers that I've had in the past have never been very good and I've had four to five of them. I will say that the AR-15 drop in triggers tend to be better than their AR-10 offerings, and I have a funny suspicion that most people that are giving them praise are talking about the AR-15 drop-ins not the AR-10
    Their AR15 triggers are pretty good. You know you put a smile on Marks face with your previous post 🤣🤣🤣.

Reactions: bigjake83
    I got an email today mine has shipped. It will be here in a few days. Now after 6 month I’m ready for it.
    Well, shit! I'm pretty sure I ordered mine first and I'm still waiting lol

Congratulations! Let me know how it shoots

I ordered a .308 builder kit at the end of last October and just got it a month ago.
    That only happened after multiple emails of bitching and accepting it without a BCG, which I didn’t need since I went with Proof CF and matches JP bolt.
    I was very patient initially when it was a “3-6 month wait” and then at 6 months it became “a 9 month wait because we are building complete rifles with the parts and shipping them first”.
    This is where I got a little annoyed. When I contacted them and was told it would now be “October at least” (12 months after ordering) I explained I felt like I was the red headed step child for ordering the builders kit. I explained if they can’t keep up with demand then stop selling the builders kit, not punish folks for buying it. I reminded them of the other Seekins builds I have bought, dating back 9 years. They discussed it and shipped it out a few weeks later. Threw in some swag so I guess I could advertise their long wait times for free 🤣 All in all they’re a good company and I’ve been happy with their quality, function and accuracy. I get long times in the current climate. They made it right.
    8E47D8FD-C29A-4F32-8E36-F2E6FA4F80B4.jpeg

Reactions: charnicus
    Wtf. I ordered my SP10 last October and when I spoke with them last week they told me it would be shipping within 7 days. They have been giving me the fucking run around now for 6 months.

I’m trying to decide on nightforce 2.5 x 20 or leupold 3x18. Right now I got a Vortex 4x16 to use until I payoff my rifle
    This is a good deal in the PX. Bigger than 2.5-20 but great reticle and performance per people that actually own it. Offer $2k

I picked up my rifle this morning. The trigger is awesome. I just dry fired it but super smooth. It was well worth the price and the wait. The fit and finish is awesome You will love it.

Can you post some pics, I would like to see if they have fixed the gas issue.

Also try getting behind the rifle and do a super super slow pull on the trigger using just the pad of your finger tip, and I bet you'll feel the trigger shoe move before the sear disengages.

Last edited:
    I’m not sure I’m the person to be asking. The tigger feels very good to me, but I’m not very sophisticated on tigger pull. About the gas block you can call Seekins and ask them. They would be able to answer better than me.
    I’m sorry I’m not more help.
    but I will say I really like the rifle. But I only had it a few hours.

I’m not sure I’m the person to be asking. The tigger feels very good to me, but I’m not very sophisticated on tigger pull. About the gas block you can call Seekins and ask them. They would be able to answer better than me.
    I’m sorry I’m not more help.
    but I will say I really like the rifle. But I only had it a few hours.

Well if you post a pick I'll be able to tell just by looking at it, beats waiting on hold forever to get through to somebody at seekins.

Cancel the order. Life is too short to support companies that cannot meet a commitment.

I’ll try tomorrow but I don’t take real good picture. And I’m not sure what your lookin for. The gas block has an adjustment screw on it.

That picture is sufficient, Seekins was supposed to be changing over to a +1.5 or a +2 gas system and as we can see they did not it's still using a rifle length gas system. The Seekins handguard is exactly 15" and if they would have made the change the gas block would have been right at the edge of the handguard.

Thank you for taking the time and posting a pic.

Reactions: Don-n-Texas
    Cancel the order. Life is too short to support companies that cannot meet a commitment.

I would definitely Not follow this advice, Seekins is one of the best firearms manufacturing companies on the market today and truly has outstanding customer service and a quality product line. Every firearms manufacture right now is riding the dick of depression due to labor and material shortages, so we all need to do our part and just roll with punches.

When I ordered my SP10 I was disappointed Seekins had switched from Magpul PRS to in-house stock. But I decided when my rifle came in I would buy a PRS stock. Now I have my rifle and I really like this stock.

Last edited:
    Reactions: canezach
    This is a good deal in the PX. Bigger than 2.5-20 but great reticle and performance per people that actually own it. Offer $2k
    I should have got that scope when you advised me too. I ended up getting the 4x32 with a Mil-XT. I had to pay more money. so l will listen to you the next time.

Just picked up my SP10 6.5CM with the new lengthened gas system today. Trigger is crisp. Zero creep. I’m guessing around a 3lb pull. Short reset. Just a tad heavier pull than the jewel triggers I’m used to. Certainly don’t feel a need to change it. Fit and finish of the over all rifle is superb as well

I really like the 13" kac urx4 w/ 13.9" barrel but I'm also kinda looking at a 12.5 PRI gen3.

Last edited:
    I really like the 13" kac urx4 w/ 13.9" barrel but I'm also kinda looking at a 12.5 PRI gen3. Can anyone give some feed on the PRI handguards ?
    May get more responses starting a new thread. This thread is about the SP10

Reactions: Averageman
    I was at the salt lake hunt expo a few weeks back and Seekins told me that the SP10’s will not have the +2 gas system…. Only the SP10m’s, which are about 1k more. I’m a bit confused I guess. I called the first of last week to speak to someone about it and left a voicemail but it hasn’t been returned. Anyone else gotten any SP10’s recently and can speak toward the gas system?

I also wish they offered the 308 in the same 22” barrel length. At this point I’m just leaning more towards building my own with their receiver set and a Craddock barrel.

I completely understand why the +2 is ideal.
    However. I have an SP10 and it’s incredible. Don’t be fooled into think the +2 is absolutely needed. It’s not.

I completely understand why the +2 is ideal.
    However. I have an SP10 and it’s incredible. Don’t be fooled into think the +2 is absolutely needed. It’s not.
    I have several AR10’s. One with the +2 and one without. I agree that it isn’t 100% necessary, but having had both I prefer the +2. I’m wanting a top tier long range gas rig. So that is what I’m aiming for with the SP10. At least that is my excuse/justification haha.

Reactions: mrtoyz