• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How's those new 375 cal bullets working out?

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Just looking for recent reports on any of the recent .375 solids and lead core bullets.

Please list FPS,twist,bore dimensions and barrel length.

Steve

Re: How's those new 375 cal bullets working out?

Ive been using the Australian made Predator solids in my .375CT for a while now, and Ive been very happy with them. I have a Barnard P-Chey action, Lawton 32" 1 in 11.5" barrel, Lawton brake, custom Wild Dog stock. Im using Bertram brass, FedGM215M primers, 132gr AR2225 and getting 3150ft/s in my rifle. Accuracy has been very good, certainly as good as the SMK and Hooker TActical bullets, another member on the hide here who also owns a .375Sniptac are heading out to test these and other bullets at 2000yds in a couple of weeks, will post results. Will also be testing the new 350gr, .375cal VLD brass bullet that Woodleigh are about to release. If its anything like their .510cal bullet, it will be very nice indeed.

Thanks for the info aussiearmourer.

Looking forward to the report.

What is the closest burning rate to AR2225?

Steve

Can you give any additional info on the Woodleigh in .510????<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussiearmourer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive been using the Australian made Predator solids in my .375CT for a while now, and Ive been very happy with them. I have a Barnard P-Chey action, Lawton 32" 1 in 11.5" barrel, Lawton brake, custom Wild Dog stock. Im using Bertram brass, FedGM215M primers, 132gr AR2225 and getting 3150ft/s in my rifle. Accuracy has been very good, certainly as good as the SMK and Hooker TActical bullets, another member on the hide here who also owns a .375Sniptac are heading out to test these and other bullets at 2000yds in a couple of weeks, will post results. Will also be testing the new 350gr, .375cal VLD brass bullet that Woodleigh are about to release. If its anything like their .510cal bullet, it will be very nice indeed.</div></div>

The .510" Woodleighs I tested are very similar shape to some Barnes bore rider bullets I had, they weigh 700gr and were very consistant in both weight and dimensions. Im not sure what BC they have, I only did fairly informal group testing out of a McMillan .50BMG and my .500Phantom, but they shot very accurately in both rifles. If you contact Woodleigh, Im sure Geoff McDonald can give you more specific infomation on these new bullets. Just for fun I also tried out some of his "Hydrostatically Stabilised" hunting bullets on some pigs and they certainly perform on an animal that size!
The AR2225 that I use in the .375CT is basically the same as Retumbo and Reloder 25 in burn rate from what I have experienced. It seems very temperature stable, and I will also be testing this out as we come into our summer and temperature get up to 50 degrees celcius where I shoot.

Steve,
Shot a 6 pt bull at 925 yards on the opening weekend in Montana with the new Rocky Mountain Bullets .375 370gr. lead core bullet and had good results. Elk was shot on the point of the shoulder and passed through both shoulders and a very clean kill. No excessive blood shot and very little bullet frag, seems the bullet held together very well.

Wow,

Good shot and great news!

I'm looking forward to trying some of your 375's.

I would love to try my 375CT for hunting long range.

Were you using the lost river bore or standard.What twist?

Steve