• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HRA Garand build

Orlando

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2011
Ohio
I bought a barreled receiver receintly on another gun forum. I didnt realize it when I bought it that its been refinished and was alittle dissapointed at first.
I collected black finish HRA parts here and there until I had everything to assemble her.
Also found a correct 3/8 DOD HRA stock I had forgotten I had (dont ya just hate that when it happens?)
She turned out pretty good
Picture509.jpg

Picture511.jpg

Picture510.jpg

Picture512.jpg

Picture515.jpg

Picture514.jpg

Picture513.jpg

Picture519.jpg

Picture517.jpg

Picture516.jpg

Re: HRA Garand build

Picture518.jpg

Took her to the range for her maiden voyage
Fired from bench, front rest
68 HXP
100 YDS
Only ran two enblocs through it, ought to get even better as the action settles in.
Looks like shes got potential
Picture499.jpg

Nice! I have a HRA as well, but doesn't seem to shoot that well. Congrats.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tbone40X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice! I have a HRA as well, but doesn't seem to shoot that well. Congrats. </div></div>
I was very surprised on how well she grouped . I have 14 Garands and this one by far is the best.
I have built Garands with brand new USGI barrels that dont group this well. Just shows it takes more than a good barrel for good accuracy

That looks sharp and appears to be a damn good shooter, too.

Good job!

John

Great job,..that thing look really good.

I bought my first HR M1 this past summer and I love the thing. I've shot in 2 JCG matches so far,..came in 4th in the first and actually won the second,..better luck than good huh.

Anyway, I love shooting the M1.

Good luck with yours.

Almost 5 years ago I went to the North Store and bought two H&R barreled receivers.

We had a ball (my youngest son and I) looking for H&R parts on the internet and at gunshows as we bought parts and then taking them out of the packages/envelopes and putting them on the rifles when the mail man ran. The bolts/op rods were bought at gun shows and we were lucky that the op rods worked and the bolts headspaced just fine (so we didn't have to keep looking/trying parts). Neither of my stocks looks as good as yours though. I bought mine, refinished them and now each of us has an H&R M1 Garand.

For me one of the cool things about H&Rs was the sign they had over the entrance to the part of the plant where the M1's were made/built. I wish I was sure of the exact wording but it was something like, "Build each rifle as if for your own son." That really hit home for me about how serious they were when these rifles were built.