• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision 10rd mag problems!!!

7mm assassin

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2006
SE Pennsylvania
I have a HS Precision RDR in .308 this rifle came with one 5rd mag that works NO problem in my rifle. A friend of a friend has the same rifle and he has two 10rd HS mags that work great in his rifle but will not work at all in my rifle? They will not lock into place and are very sloppy. The two rifles appear to have slightly different bottom metal. Does anyone else own an HS rifle and is experiencing any of these problems? The 5rd mags are crippling me in precision matches. I called HS about this and they told me that all of there bottom metal is the same and the mags should work! The guy I spoke to was very short with me on the phone and didn’t seem like he wanted to help me. I kinda think they just don't want to admit they made different bottom on the earlier made rifles so they don’t have to fix or replace anything for free. Plus mags are a 130$ a pop! Any thoughts?

Re: HS Precision 10rd mag problems!!!

My thoughts... Get Badger M5 bottom metal.

A good friend of mine invested in HS bottom metal because it was "bolt in" and cheaper. And that's exactly what it was. Cheap. Some mags work, some don't. Don't know why. Seemed like on the 10 rounders he would be fine until round number 6 and then it would hang up, and the last 4 would never feed right. The first round out of a 5 round mag would always hang up too.

I have never liked HS bottom metal, but if its what you got, then its what you got. You will have to tweak the feed lips and mess with a 10 round mag until it feeds correctly. Even then there is no guarantee that it will feed correctly.

Im not having feed issues with the 5 rounders. The 10rd mags Straight Up don't fit! Whats Badger BM go for these days?

my thoughts......get CDI DBM and an AI 10 rd mag from Jeff here on the hide. zero problems with mine, and you can get AI mags almost anywhere and aren't locked into using a proprietary mag like Badger and HS. but, since you already have HS DMB, i'd call them and ask what's up.