• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

HS Precision and 2000MR Alliant Powder (PICS)

mosquitoshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
I have to say, i love my HS Precision HTR 308 and I love this new powder I began experimenting with. The 2000 MR is supposedly a powder that you can get huge velocities out of as the pressure is very mild. I dont care much about velocity as long as my 168s hpbts are going over 2,600 fps. Whats paramount is accuracy and consistency. Well, today i found both accuracy and consistency with it. I tested loads in 2/10s grain intervals with the 2000 MR and when i got to 47.7 grains, i found the magical load. The velocity was at 2,720 and a standard deviation of 3 for the five shot group. The 5 shot group is pictured below. 600 yards. The other groupings were sub moa but nothing great.

I also included a picture of an 11 round group using my "traditional" pet load of 41.9 grains of H4895. Not Bad considering i was just plinking away already knowing that round is good. If i focused more I probably could have gotten these rounds tighter. But not 2" like the 2000MR!!! As you can tell by the flag below, the conditions were perfect!!!! By the way, this gun has 2,500 - 3,000 rounds through it and still shoots like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    711.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    725 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,000.4 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    815.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Awesome, buddy! I have that exact same rifle, and I agree with you absolutely about it.

Yes, the accuracy of this rifle is unbelievable. It is a little picky with loads. But my definition of picky is sub half moa and clearly it shoots sub half moa with the right load all the way out to 600 yards. Haven't shot it further than that though. I am just not sure why more people don't talk about HS precision's tactical rifles. I actually blew away a couple Coke bottles the other day at 600 yards. That's fun!!!