• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing hs precision dbm and trigger issue

eddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2008
NoVa
i had posted a recent topic about the trigger guard not fitting the new stock. well that issue is taken care of, and now i have another one.

i have the hs precision dbm and after i got it to fit into the stock, i installed the action and the trigger well is too narrow, and the bolt release gets pressed in. outside of trimming the trigger well, are there any other options?

Re: hs precision dbm and trigger issue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dremel job.......... </div></div>

Or for the less deft, hand file.

yeah.... this was the only option i could think of, but i was hoping to stay away from it. well i guess i gotta do it. thanks guys.

hmmm well i was thinking of upgrading the trigger, and are there any triggers with the bolt release in a different spot? that may solve the issue.

no not really ....my jewel needed the dremel job.....there ain't much to hog out.....just take your time......

got ya. as always, thanks for the help

Eddy, you'd find many aftermarket mag systems need a little alteration for the variety of triggers available. let me know if you need a hand, I'm not exactly next door, but I ain't far away either, if you aint got a dremel, bung it in the post and i'll mill it out for you..
regards Pete

pete,

thanks for the offer, and i would gladly take you up on the offer, but the rifle is back in the states at my parents house. i guess next time i am home, i will have to take the dremel to it. thanks man and take care.

Eddy, you done your German Jagdschein (hunting license course) yet? if not, look into it, I was hunting with a bunch of your country men last winter and it was a hell of a lot of fun, the hunting opertunities for servicemen (and women) in Germany are fantastic.. look into it if you haven't already eh.. if you pass by this way, drop in and say Hi.

Pete

ah i wish i had done it a while back. i will definitely look into it and maybe wander your way sometime. thanks.

eddy