• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision DBM......are they good to go for a build

holy cow

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 22, 2010
    South East Ohio
    I have accumulated parts for my next varmint build and have never used a HS Precision DBM. I will be building off a Kodiak repeater with built in 20moa pic rail from Kelblys and using his varmint stock also. The stock is completely inletted except for the bottom metal. I would like to use the HS DBM as the magazines will fit flush. Are they a quality DBM and do they feed well or do they have problems and I should look into another DBM to use. I will be building a 6 creedmoor and not sure if you would use the 308 or 22-250 magazines for it.

I just put one in a SA .260 project I am working on. Dropped right in the HS precision stock with minimal filing for the mag release mechanism. The quality on these things is excellent. I had to bend the lips on the .308 mags a hair to get them to feed reliably. Solid now, though. I like the mag release better than the Badger Ordnance style.

i have an HS HTR and my BIL has two of them. none of us have had any feeding or mag-related issues.

i do have HS bottom metal (6.5creed/308) for a rem700 (that will take HS [but i don't think aics or any other] mags) that i was getting ready to list here. along with two 10 round and one 5 round mag.