• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing HS Precision HTR torque..

one shot ST

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Italy
Hello, I'm not able to find what is the correct torque for the 2 screws of the action for an HTR...

need help..

I've got it yesterday nothing on the instruction manual..

HTR001.jpg

HTR006.jpg

Re: HS Precision HTR torque..

I know your rifle is an HS Precision HTR but when I torque my Remington 700 in my HS Precision PST025 stock, I torque mine to milspec 65 in-lb with no problems. If you want to stay on the safe side torquing to about 52 in-lb that accuracy international suggests when torquing actions into their aics stocks should be fine. One other thing if you go to HS Precision's website you will see that they sell 65 in-lb torque wrenches for use on their stocks.

Thanks for replay.... I've also an AICS stock for my M700 and the suggested torque is 53.1 in/lb... but I would like to see what is the correct set suggested by HS Precision.. probably will be 65 in-lb.........just to be sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gszeto99</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know your rifle is an HS Precision HTR but when I torque my Remington 700 in my HS Precision PST025 stock, I torque mine to milspec 65 in-lb with no problems. If you want to stay on the safe side torquing to about 52 in-lb that accuracy international suggests when torquing actions into their aics stocks should be fine.</div></div>

If you look on HS Precision web site, they sell a 65 in/lb torque wrench to tighten the action to the stock. This is the same thing I always use on my HTR.

Hope this helps.