• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS precision or Bell & Carlson for savage?

bullfisher

Private
Minuteman
Aug 17, 2012
I've narrowed it down between these two for my savage 12 fvss. The HS pro m24 or the B&C tactical medalist. My plan is to do cdi bottom metal as well. Supposedly the hs 4.27 stock is almost a drop in fit for the cdi dbm. But the B&C stock is still cheap enough to make it a wash with an inlay and they weigh almost the same. So which ones better? Does one have a better bedding block?

Re: HS precision or Bell & Carlson for savage?

I've had three Savage A2 Medalists, two of them had CDI DBM...they are a very good value IMO. Ergonomics on the forearm suck, but that's nothing a sanding block and some bondo can't fix. My three rifles were very accurate with them.

The pro tactical medalist from b&c, looks to have a good foregrip and a long bedding block. Did you have any issues with the block or was it bolt on and shoot? 213$ from stockys. Can't beat that.

Redhawk rifles has the best prices on both stocks. I'd go with the BC, I have 2 HSP's and a BC. I prefer the stiffness in the BC, and the QC seems to be better. I know finish (color) seems to be tougher

+1 for redhawk rifles. I have two bell and carlson's from them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bullfisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The pro tactical medalist from b&c, looks to have a good foregrip and a long bedding block. Did you have any issues with the block or was it bolt on and shoot? 213$ from stockys. Can't beat that.</div></div>

B&C... bolt and go...

Good to know, thanks guys. B&C it is then. Gonna have it shipped right to cdi.