• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision PSS stock for my 308 (need paint)

1975CJ5

Private
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2010
Wasilla Alaska
Again no pics, cause I don't know how to. But got a take off HS Precision 700 PSS stock off of AR15.com for 200.00. Hope to get it by friday. This is gonna go on my 308 SPS Varmint. Has some scratches and I'm planning on painting it flat black like it was from the factory. What over the counter spray paint is the best, durable etc. I was thinking the camo flat Krylon. I don't have any Duracoat or Norel's weapon finish, so I'mjust gonna use flat paint. Thanks and if ya know an easy way of posting pics let me know, I'm still new to this forum and haven't run into the directions plus I live in Alaska and I hate computers. Any suggestions on paint would help, thanks guys. Billy Jack

Re: HS Precision PSS stock for my 308 (need paint)

I have used Krylon on all of my painted rifles and it works great! There are also paints made by Krylon and others specifically made for use on plastic.. I know, the HS stock isnt plastic, But that particular paint sticks very well to these stocks. best of luck

Billy jack the easiest way to post pics is to firstly start an account on www.photobucket.com

Login to that and then upload the pics... its pretty straight forward.

Once that is done you then copy the links provided by photobucket and paste those into your reply.

The format of this site uses IMG, or as a prefix to a web address to denote a picture.

For example, say your picture is on the following hypothetical web address, [url="http://www.pictures.com/album1/picture001.jpg"]www.pictures.com/album1/picture001.jpg[/url]

Snipershide would then require you to insert this picture into the appropriate brackets to allow the picture to be viewable within the forums thread.

For example: Note i had to use { instead of [ in the example otherwise it would not show up
{img][url="http://www.pictures.com/album1/picture001.jpg"]www.pictures.com/album1/picture001.jpg[/url][/img ]

Note, all that is added is [img] at the front and at the end of the address.

There are three ways to post pictures...

1) manually add the codes before and after you paste the address
2) obtain a link from photobucket and simply copy and paste it with the appropriate format required (photobucket generates it for you)
3) use the options within the reply feature of this forum and select the image option and just enter in the web address of the image into the box

[img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/smile.gif

Krylon would be my only choice if I were going to use over the counter spray paint. You can get some durabake which is a spray paint Lauer makes and hit the stock with it then just bake it for 15 minutes. I've never used it but it's something to check out.