• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision PST082... Anyone?

Chet Punisher

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2011
I'm looking for first hand experiences with the HS Precision PST082, which is the thumbhole version. Has anyone purchased this model? What did you think and how did it perform?

Thanks.

I think there are better options for thumbholes, unless for some reason you are falling into a great deal. If you finding one cheap and are looking to replace a factory stock then it might be worth it. If your dropping money on a new stock, then look at the Manners T5(A), the McMillan A-TH, and if you're willing to wait...the KMW Sentinel

Remington SPS .308.. I already have a Boyds on it. Looking at upgrading it in the future and looking at my options. Trigger, Scope and stock upgrades over the next year.

you have all kinds of options, especially if you have some time. I'm a Manners fan, as Tom's customer service is incredible. If you're looking for a traditional stock then that would be my suggestion. It's about a 6 month wait for a custom ordered stock, gives you time to set aside some pennies. There are Mcmillans and Manners in stock at a few places... thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com, bugholes.com, eurooptic.com. Mannersstocks.com
If you're open to the chassis route then your possibilities are nearly endless