• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS precision rifles

Blasst

Sergeant
Minuteman
what is the word on the HS rifles. I'm thinking about getting one of their RDR sniper rifles to use while waiting on Tacops.
smile.gif

I have seen comments about magazine problems. So what's up....

Jim

Re: HS precision rifles

I just bought one and it will be in next week, I will give you a range report next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild Bill C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on what the "package" contains.... Go to HS Precisions website, they list the retail prices on most configurations there.... </div></div>

I started there this morning....but those prices are a bit high I think.

I have a H&S Precision HTR and it is a great rifle. You can get them at a pretty good price. I have never had a problem with the magazine not feeding. That is my 18 year old son shooting the HTR at the 300 yard target on our range.

100_06813.jpg

Haven't owned one, but everything I've heard of them is great

Did they ever apologize for the Lon Horiuchi endorsement, or do we not care about that any more?

Diggler44 bought mine. It was a good rifle no complaints on my part. When you find them for the right price I think it's a good buy, but I've seen them a local gun shops for around 4K-5K which is way overpriced. Their 1/2" guarantee is true, they can shoot. The RDR is nice, it's very light and handy, my favorite of the HS offerings.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietShootr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they ever apologize for the Lon Horiuchi endorsement, or do we not care about that any more? </div></div>

why the fuck does it matter that lon horiuchi, as the fbi sniper rifle program director, endorsed hsp? hsp did not endorse horiuchi. they used the endorsement of the person that was in charge of selecting the sniper rifles for the fbi. does the fbi selecting hsp rifles mean that they are the devil?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: QuietShootr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did they ever apologize for the Lon Horiuchi endorsement, or do we not care about that any more? </div></div>

why the fuck does it matter that lon horiuchi, as the fbi sniper rifle program director, endorsed hsp? hsp did not endorse horiuchi. they used the endorsement of the person that was in charge of selecting the sniper rifles for the fbi. does the fbi selecting hsp rifles mean that they are the devil? </div></div>

I have two issues with HS. The first is that they used Horiuchi's endorsement, which means they are either ignorant of the shooting public or worse, and secondly, that their product is of fair to middling quality and design. By that I mean the stocks, I have no experience with the rifles.

i have zero problem with the quality of hsp stocks or the htr rifle itself. the stock that comes with a 700p didn't fit me well but the quality was just fine. the stock on the htr is awesome.

the htr rifles are very well built, or at least were when i bought mine years ago. it is still the smoothest action i have ever used. that may have to do with the finish on the bolt, what ever that is. the magazine system works flawlessly but the ergonomics for mag changes is not very good. the magazines are expensive and hard to find. you are also limited to 3 rounds in a long action magazine.

if i were not building my own rifles now, i would consider buying an hrt again. the magazine system is the major negative of the htr. that is what would make me look more at a full custom so i could get a rifle exactly how i wanted it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> the magazine system is the major negative of the htr. that is what would make me look more at a full custom so i could get a rifle exactly how i wanted it.

</div></div>

I wonder if anyone is changing out the magazine system on theirs for something better.

I see there is an STR on Gun Broker right now for $1900. Great deal on that I wish I had some extra money I would get it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see there is an STR on Gun Broker right now for $1900. Great deal on that I wish I had some extra money I would get it. </div></div>

There was an HTR on there till today for $1399. Nobody bid on it and it is off now. I saved the shop info....It was a place in connecticut. The gun looked new. They said it had 50 rounds through it or something like that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jlowell</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I see there is an STR on Gun Broker right now for $1900. Great deal on that I wish I had some extra money I would get it. </div></div>

There was an HTR on there till today for $1399. Nobody bid on it and it is off now. I saved the shop info....It was a place in connecticut. The gun looked new. They said it had 50 rounds through it or something like that.</div></div>

That would be a great price if it is an HTR. I would search that one down and get it. Heck, that STR is a good price.

There was an HTR on there till today for $1399. Nobody bid on it and it is off now. I saved the shop info....It was a place in connecticut. The gun looked new. They said it had 50 rounds through it or something like that. [/quote]

If youre not planning on getting it for yourself, could you please send me a PM with the shop info? I'm in Ct and I'm in the marketfor a new stick. I'd love to get my hands on a HTR.

I have a HS RDT and it is a great rifle, very accurate. The only problem I have with it is there 10 round mags will not fit/work in this rifle. It came with one 5rd mag that works fine. I call HS about this twice. The first time they denied making two different bottom metals for these rifles, witch is bullshit. The second time they owned up to it and told me that there are two different bottom metals and only the older soon to be discontinued one will excepted the 10rd mags. I think there customer service blows. Other then that it is a decent rifle. I picked mine up for 1900 NIB so be careful of the prices on them I have seen the same rifle go for 3000 at other places.

scope31249.jpg

scope31257.jpg

jlowell, I just listed my H-S on gunbroker (listing #159836061)for 1850. It's a 300 Win Mag and is a beaut. I've never had any issues with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mm assassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a HS RDT and it is a great rifle, very accurate. The only problem I have with it is there 10 round mags will not fit/work in this rifle. It came with one 5rd mag that works fine. I call HS about this twice. The first time they denied making two different bottom metals for these rifles, witch is bullshit. The second time they owned up to it and told me that there are two different bottom metals and only the older soon to be discontinued one will excepted the 10rd mags. I think there customer service blows. Other then that it is a decent rifle. I picked mine up for 1900 NIB so be careful of the prices on them I have seen the same rifle go for 3000 at other places.

</div></div>

The RDT is the one I prefer. Lightweight. Where did you get yours??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BullStool</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jlowell, I just listed my H-S on gunbroker (listing #159836061)for 1850. It's a 300 Win Mag and is a beaut. I've never had any issues with it. </div></div>

Ok...Thanks for the heads up.

I suppose I was in the dark somewhere, but I did not know that H.S. used Lon Horiuchi to promote their products. That being so, they won't have to worry about me ever buying ANYTHING from a company that uses a murderer of a civilian Mother cradling her baby as a selling point! That man should be rotting in prison somwhere or worse. SICK!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If youre not planning on getting it for yourself, could you please send me a PM with the shop info? I'm in Ct and I'm in the marketfor a new stick. I'd love to get my hands on a HTR. </div></div>

.....will do Semour

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mm assassin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a HS RDT and it is a great rifle, very accurate. The only problem I have with it is there 10 round mags will not fit/work in this rifle. It came with one 5rd mag that works fine. I call HS about this twice. The first time they denied making two different bottom metals for these rifles, witch is bullshit. The second time they owned up to it and told me that there are two different bottom metals and only the older soon to be discontinued one will excepted the 10rd mags. I think there customer service blows. Other then that it is a decent rifle. I picked mine up for 1900 NIB so be careful of the prices on them I have seen the same rifle go for 3000 at other places.
</div></div>

Where did you find that deal?

jlowell,

sorry i can't comment on the RDR. I've got no experience with this rifle. I do however have a HTR in 308, bought this 6 yrs ago.
just over 2800 rds no problems so far. loves 155 165 and 168 grainers, Assasin put up a pic of his shot group, mine does the same. if i go heavier (175) my groups go to one and a half inches.

Regards Albert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jlowell,

sorry i can't comment on the RDR. I've got no experience with this rifle. I do however have a HTR in 308, bought this 6 yrs ago.
just over 2800 rds no problems so far. loves 155 165 and 168 grainers, Assasin put up a pic of his shot group, mine does the same. if i go heavier (175) my groups go to one and a half inches.

Regards Albert. </div></div>

that's interesting. Must be the 1-12 barrel twist....doesn't keep the heavier bullets stable but is damn good up to 168....

So..... How's the wind downunder?
smile.gif
kinda need heavier bullets sometimes here in Texas. Actually mostly shoot 168's and 175's

thanks for the input.

jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jlowell,

Glad to hear you like the HTR. I just bought the one that was on Gunbroker. Pretty soon She'll be in my hands. Have you bought any mags for yours? Best price I can find is $118 for 10rds. I'd love to hear if someone knows of a place that sells them for less, or if another mag will work with the HS bottom metal.

jlowell, I've had my HS Precision HTR for a little over a year now. Its become my favorite rifle and has the smoothest action of any bolt gun I own. The test target that came with the rifle showed a 3/8 inch 3-shot group at 100 yards. I've been able to duplicate that 100 yard performance several times. Wish I could say that I shoot like that every time but, that is not the case. The link below is a posting I did last year of some 300 yard load development.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1093063#Post1093063

jlowell,

I use 175's also. The rifle is a Remmy sitting in an aics,
which i think allot of people have.
Windy; for the past 8 weeks 10-15 mph, last 3 w/ends 20-25 mph.
crazy.gif

I can't even do load development cause the chrony gets blown over.
Middle of April to start of June hardly any wind.

Semour Gunz,

I only bought a spare 3 shot mag. When i bought the HTR back then i was told that the 10rd mags were unreliable, feeding problems. I honestly can't tell you what they are like now. I'm sure there are other HTR owners here that can give advice on the 10rd mags.
smile.gif

Regards Albert.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Semour Gunz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aam</div><div class="ubbcode-body">jlowell,

Pretty soon She'll be in my hands. Have you bought any mags for yours? Best price I can find is $118 for 10rds. I'd love to hear if someone knows of a place that sells them for less, or if another mag will work with the HS bottom metal. </div></div>

If any one finds a better deal on magazines please let me know too. They are expensive suckers.

Do you happen to know the overall length of the HTR? I looked on HSP's website, but they don't have it listed.
I'm going to pick mine up this week, and I want to make sure I have a long enough case to put it in.