• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS Precision Short Tactical Rifle

Pinarelloman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Just purchased a HS Precision Short Tactical Rifle (STR) in .308W with 10 round mag as my hunting rifle.
While it may not be as good as a GAP or Tac-Ops it will do me.
IMG_2026.jpg

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2027.jpg

It shoots pretty well.
Just over 1/2 inch at 200mtr.
IMG_2050.jpg

At 100 mtr
IMG_2054.jpg

Going pig hunting for a fortnight from 01 July.

Re: HS Precision Short Tactical Rifle

should be a great hunting rifle! would also be a great tactical competition rifle!

The Roo's are in a heap of trouble. I like it, nice stick......

Bob

Very nice rifle. I have an HS Precision rifle as well as a bolt handgun and both are phenomenal shooters for being primarily hunting guns. I find their finish and appearance to be top notch as well. The camo on yours is a great choice - love it.

I have a H&S Precision HTR with the same Urban Camo Stock. It is a great shooter and I like the stock. I have heard complaints about the stock but it fits me well. As far as GAP and Tac Ops - they all make great rifles but my H&S shoots 1/2 MOA so I am not sure what I am missing. My bottom line is I can only shoot but so well so by paying more it doesn't mean I shoot any better it just means the rifle is capable of more with a better guy behind the rifle.

Nice rifle...

SSWeeeet! That thing is nice! What scope did you choose?

Both my HS Precision's have been fitted with 3.5-15x56 NF NXS series scopes. I find the clarity is better then the Leupold I had & right up there with the quality of the 3-12x56 Kahles I just sold.

Here's a couple of pics of the 22-250 Varmint.
IMG_2059.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

It shoots well, but the bullet holes look funny because it rained on the target.
The lower hole was the cold bore shot.
IMG_2070.jpg

Off pig hunting tomorrow so will let you know how they go.
Can we post pics of dead animals??

I like my H&S HTR too. 1/2 moa consistently with the right ammo. For a production rifle, they are hard to beat.

Enjoy!