• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HS precision stock (M24) for R700P

The4thHorseman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
Hatboro, PA
www.comcast.net
I'm redoing my R700P and I'm going to put a HS precision M24 stock on it and I'm still not sure if I'llgo standard grip or vertical?? I do know it will be adjustable... With regards to the scope I currently have a Nikon Monarch 4-16x42. I'm thinking of selling it for say a trijicon TR23-2 mil dot green 5-20x50. I know others my have other options for the money and I would gladly hear them. The use if this gun is really just for punching paper with good accuracy, but I always like to know it will do the job if ever called on. So what do you guys think? Also is their mag box worth it?

Re: HS precision stock (M24) for R700P

I prefer the vertical grip.
Another option is the B&C A5 fully adjustable.
It is a heavier, but if it is a range only gun, it is an excellent option.

That Trijicon is a damn fine scope.
Excellent glass, well made.

BUT
It is a mil/moa scope. Non-starter for me. If it had a plain duplex reticle and 1/4" adjustments, fine, but why would you have a measuring device in mil's and adjustments in inches per hundred yards?

For about the same price, you can get the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24 FFP mil/mil scope with the superior BTR/Mil reticle.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/134653/...l-reticle-matte

Once you use a scope with matching reticle/adjustments, you'll wonder why the hell there is even mixed scopes on the planet.

Re: HS precision stock (M24) for R700P

I went this route with one of my 700Ps. I don't mind the palm-swell on the M24/Police stocks so it worked for me.

DSC_0016-1.jpg