• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing HS-Precision stock removal procedure

josey88

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2011
Hi, guys, I want to remove the HS-Precision stock from my 10FCP-HS Precision to install a small pic rail on the forend for the bipod . How many screws do I need to remove, 2 or 3 ? Any particular procedure to install it back or secuence specs ? I need to know if I have to remove the trigger guard . I heard of 65 lbs.inch but in only 2 of the 3 screws ... (?) Since I do not want to affect the accuracy of the gun I need to know what to do . I would apreciate any insight on this ... thanks

Re: HS-Precision stock removal procedure

I'm not super familiar with Savage but its usually just two action screws. Once you remove the barrled action from the stock the tigger guard and magazine system to seperate too. Once your done working on the stock re-install everything and torque the actions screws back to 65 inch pounds.

I just found out that I can use the Seekins rail for HS-Stocks and all I have to do is remove the 2 swivel studs , place the rail and bolt it on the existing stud holes with the 2 studs that come with the rail ... man , that would be great !!! I won`t have to remove the stock at all ... That is terrific . I will be ordering the rail today .

Good deal!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JFComfort</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good deal! </div></div>
Well... a good deal because it will save me a lot of work and perhaps some issues by avoiding removing the stock and drilling holes on the aluminum bed , re-torquing the whole thing back on , etc ... but this little rail is expensive and the shipping is outrageous . Anyway ... it is done , just ordered it. We live only once and I need it to attach my Larue bipod . If I had to get a bipod also , this whole thing would go into a couple of hundreds dollars or more... but I already have the bipod so it is not that painful

You still need to know how to remove your stock. The rear screw only holds the trigger guard to stock, you don`t need to remove that one, but the other two needs to be taken out to remove the barreled action. Just tighten the screws back to 65 inch pounds and you will be fine. Also you don`t have to tighten them that tight unless that is where your accuracy is at. I torque mine at 45 inch pounds and work up in 5 inch pound increments till my accuracy is good.

Thanks... that is good to know . I am waiting on a Weaver torque wrench (I am new to all of this so I also need to adquire all these tools )that I will need anyway to torque to specs the scope base screws and the scope rings .